Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
4.7 @ 07.15 (Contour XT) The last few days have been hard as bath and ginger cakes have been plentiful around me.

Reactions: 8 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
5.9 again this morning after BBQ & Oppo last night:)

Reactions: 9 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good Morning! 5.2 at 0530 today.:)
(after baked Sole, 2 new potatoes, broccoli & spinach, a lot of Oppo, and a pint of Stella Artois last night).

Reactions: 7 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this morning.

Amazing what getting back from holiday, back to work and changing the battery in the AC Mobile (after ignoring the low battery message for 3 weeks) can do for your FBG readings

Reactions: 7 people

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's quite low, Aini, and I'm concerned that you feel sleepy.
Others who have more experience will know better, (I don't take insulin, so I don't know much about it), but I'm wondering if you are going too low and heading for a hypo...?
What do you think, guys...? @ickihun @13lizanne @liam1955
I think what she means is it was a busy day and now she feels tired!

I think we should adjust the medication to what we eat not what we eat to our medication that is very nhs!

aini maybe you need to put down your insulin dose again... you are doing soooo good. Well done. I hope you have your dsn number and can call with the results to get advice... they may be able to advise you over the phone and keep up with your amazing results... (as in doing so well with your diet). Hopefully you will be off all medication soon:)

Reactions: 3 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Morning everyone, 6.0 today

Reactions: 11 people

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
Thanks for the en;couragement Debs, I am proudly back on track .....

Today was 12.2 .

Reactions: 11 people

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine were 6.0 again...and they were 6.0 a minute ago when I tested post having eaten!! I have just checked my monitor as started to wonder if it was faulty!! I sooooo wanna be seeing 4's and 5's...how long has it taken others? PLease don't say a couple of weeks after LCHF 'cause I am in a panic that I am not going to get them down low enough!!!
I added fasting to get them down after a couple of days i was in the 3s though that is the lowest i have gone and on no medication... i started in the 20s and got it down to non diabetic levels (though still high) within 2 weeks of low carbing, it wasnt good enough so was more ruthless with cutting carbs and eventually just fast. The fasting seems to have done the job as i hardly see any rise after eating and if i do my body is able to get it down into non diabetic levels within the 2 hr period. I am also able to tolerate more carbs now too... so yes i suffered at the beginning but is exactly what my body needed as tested nearly 10 times a day just to find out what was going on with me. I am now more lenient with myself as i see that my body can deal with it but dont want to reverse all the hard work i did. I have dropped several dress sizes in just 4 months so pretty pleased, i seem to have hit a plateu with the weight or it may just be because i have relaxed a little bit with my eating!

Bgl yesterday morning 5.2 today is a fasting day this morning was a 5.8 so desperately need to fast again and then really get back on the diet (i tested to see i i could cope with some crisps!!!:banghead:)

Hba1c booked so really stupid of me to get tempted now.. must be close to the time of month as really hungry so need to me another batch of my low carb savory muffins.... mmmmmm

Reactions: 14 people