Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!

Yesterday I had a "Sod It" day and ate whatever I liked. A delicious sausage roll from my butcher, a couple of slices of pizza, some chocolate and lashings of cold lager. And it shows in this morning's reading.

Normal LCHF service will resume today.

Days like this make it even more annoying when the nurse looks at the HbA1C reading and wonders if I'm actually diabetic at all. I'M MANAGING IT WITH DIET, YOU NUMPTY. The occasional "Sod it" day just serves to prove it.

PS - I'm thinking of marketing "Sod It" as a diet system.

Reactions: 14 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
A nice steady 6.3 this morning

Reactions: 15 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
7.0 this morning but considering I had my first pasta in 5 months, champers, G&T, red wine,a full bar if Lindt Dor 85%, strawbs and blueberries....I think that's terrific. So Spelt Pasta is defo now on my list of can eat:)

Reactions: 14 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.0 this morning but considering I had my first pasta in 5 months, champers, G&T, red wine,a full bar if Lindt Dor 85%, strawbs and blueberries....I think that's terrific. So Spelt Pasta is defo now on my list of can eat:)

Wow! What would your bg be in the olden days if you'd eaten that? X

Reactions: 2 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good Morning! 6.8 again at 0700 today.
But I was expecting higher, I met a couple of friends in a pub last night and had pie and chips and four pints of beer.

Reactions: 13 people

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Yesterday I had a "Sod It" day and ate whatever I liked. A delicious sausage roll from my butcher, a couple of slices of pizza, some chocolate and lashings of cold lager. And it shows in this morning's reading.

Normal LCHF service will resume today.

Days like this make it even more annoying when the nurse looks at the HbA1C reading and wonders if I'm actually diabetic at all. I'M MANAGING IT WITH DIET, YOU NUMPTY. The occasional "Sod it" day just serves to prove it.

PS - I'm thinking of marketing "Sod It" as a diet system.
I feel like going on it for a while! Hubby bought my favourite black forest gateux and there is half left in the freezer as well as a triple chocolate gateux (half) in the fridge... i have been soooooooo good and not touched it yet... but sitting there teasing me... would serve him right if it "disapeared".

Reactions: 2 people