The SCREAM thread

D

debrasue

I have idea what you're saying in your initial paragraph. I'm not persuading anyone to do anything they don't want to, just making comments in general and making what I had hoped might be useful suggestions, for people to feel more comfortable, but no matter.
I took @Kat100's first paragraph to refer to the way in which Facebook works, ie: if one of your 'friends' 'likes' a page, then that will appear on the news feeds of all their 'friends', including yours, and if you make a comment it appears on all your 'friends'' feeds and all the OP's 'friends'' feeds, etc. Her point, I think, is that people don't have to go hunting for stuff - it appears on their pages by default.
Apologies, Kat, if I have misunderstood you...

Reactions: 2 people
K

Kat100

I have idea what you're saying in your initial paragraph. I'm not persuading anyone to do anything they don't want to, just making comments in general and making what I had hoped might be useful suggestions, for people to feel more comfortable, but no matter.
With you there .. :) FB I refer to ..
That's the trouble when we read , we have to guess what the other is saying ..at times ..

Not suggesting you are doing anything else .. I refer to FB .. How FB works ..

Reactions: 4 people
D

debrasue

Hi, I can't find the gardening thread ? @catherinecherub, @noblehead, @himtoo, has it really vanished my apologies if I have miss it.
I'm so sorry, guys - that will have been down to the fact that I deleted it. :(
In view of recent revelations about third-party sharing, I was concerned that I had put too much personal information on the thread, so I went through it to delete my posts. Unfortunately, because I was the person who created the thread, when I deleted my first post I inadvertently deleted the whole thread.
My apologies, everyone - but it's a good opportunity for someone to create a new Gardenfile thread!

K

Kat100

I took @Kat100's first paragraph to refer to the way in which Facebook works, ie: if one of your 'friends' 'likes' a page, then that will appear on the news feeds of all their 'friends', including yours, and if you make a comment it appears on all your 'friends'' feeds and all the OP's 'friends'' feeds, etc. Her point, I think, is that people don't have to go hunting for stuff - it appears on their pages by default.
Apologies, Kat, if I have misunderstood you...
Your correct @debrasue I am discussing how FB works :) thanks , no apologies needed .. X

Reactions: 6 people
K

Kat100

In view of recent revelations about third-party sharing, I was concerned that I had put too much personal information on the thread, so I went through it to delete my posts. Unfortunately, because I was the person who created the thread, when I deleted my first post I inadvertently deleted the whole thread.
My apologies, everyone - but it's a good opportunity for someone to create a new Gardenfile thread!
A new garden thread .. Fair enough .. It will grow ;)
Edited , I had not even had time to read it yet :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Thank you for letting us know X

Reactions: 6 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
With you there .. :) FB I refer to ..
That's the trouble when we read , we have to guess what the other is saying ..at times ..

Not suggesting you are doing anything else .. I refer to FB .. How FB works ..

I think what some are saying is, we post on here, diabetes. co.uk and other members (and non members can also read ) can read and help with advice and support in certain matters, but then .................. some threads with members posts are shown on Facebook, I hope that is correct. Now, if I wanted to post certain things on Facebook, then I would do so myself, I do not want another person or party to do so, because it is my choice whether to post certain content or not.

D

debrasue

I think what some are saying is, we post on here, diabetes. co.uk and other members (and non members can also read ) can read and help with advice and support in certain matters, but then .................. some threads with members posts are shown on Facebook, I hope that is correct. Now, if I wanted to post certain things on Facebook, then I would do so myself, I do not want another person or party to do so, because it is my choice whether to post certain content or not.
Exactly! Succinctly put, and I agree with you 100%, Robs.

Reactions: 7 people
K

Kat100

Yes that's all correct , you decide what controls to use on FB etc .. :)

S

Sable_Jan

Mystery solved

mark51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Negative people, Rain
Posted in wrong thread so moved

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 people

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
But as I stated I will wait further discussions , as I give no authorisation for my posts to be given to a third party

Are you sure about that?

This is the sign up page.................
upload_2016-8-29_18-24-26.png