everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Nothing springs to mind :)
Hello Administrators and Developers.

I know that a Diabetes.co.uk app for android and Apple is available but there is not one for us Windows Phone users.

I know we are a minority but would it be too much trouble to make on for Windows Phone 8 and above anytime in the near future?

I wouldn't be surprised if I'm the only Windows Phone user here but if there are others I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks. :)

P.S. I did not know where else to post this other than here. If there is a developer team please may I have some contact details. Thx :)

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi urbanracer. Thanks for the link. I should have done what I always tell others to do. Search before you post. :)

As I thought and understand.... Not enough people using Windows Mobile to make it worth doing. A lot of people say that all of the developers who make apps for Android and Apple think that by default they should make them for Windows Phone too. Maybe they should. However, I think if Microsoft want to get into the Mobile Phone market then they should develop an operating system that is actually good enough to compete with other OS's. It's a real shame that they have not done so to date. I think there is great potential with MS and Nokia to do great things. I have always used Nokia phones and in my opinion they are one of the best phone manufacturers out there.

Reactions: 2 people

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Everway9
Just to let you know I have a Windows mobile, running Win 10 :) Yes, several apps just aren't available for Windows phones but, I have to admit, it doesn't generally bother me as I'm not a great one for using internet on my phone, although it's good to have it for when I want to access internet.
Julie

Reactions: 2 people

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi Energize. Awesome! :) Someone else! I was starting to feel lonely :)

I dont know if you have heard of or used it but there is a program for Windows called 'Bluestacks' which emulates Android apps. It's a shame you cant get it for Windows Phone. It would probably run very slow though if it did.

mandy1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi urbanracer. Thanks for the link. I should have done what I always tell others to do. Search before you post. :)

As I thought and understand.... Not enough people using Windows Mobile to make it worth doing. A lot of people say that all of the developers who make apps for Android and Apple think that by default they should make them for Windows Phone too. Maybe they should. However, I think if Microsoft want to get into the Mobile Phone market then they should develop an operating system that is actually good enough to compete with other OS's. It's a real shame that they have not done so to date. I think there is great potential with MS and Nokia to do great things. I have always used Nokia phones and in my opinion they are one of the best phone manufacturers out there.
I hve a windows phone I use android for my apps

D

Deleted member 308541

I hve a windows phone I use android for my apps
Why not tell the forum how you do / did it, I bet @everway9 will be interested.

Funny thing about Windows phones, one of the bowlers at the club had one, it got a "bsod" more commonly known as the blue screen of death. The phone was completely borked when it hit the cement so no more phone.

I have sold my nine month old Android Oppo F1 to him.