Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hba1c..............37
FBG.................5.6%
Liver and kidney function.........normal
Cholesterol.................4.5 which was described as good. Didn't get a breakdown!
BP..................130/72
Weight..........11 stone 6lb.

I have a new diabetic nurse!
She described my results as very good for a diabetic!
What followed was a twenty minute talk between the two of us, explaining what RH is and how I treat it.
There followed a question and answer session in which my new dsn was very interested on understanding why I'm on a diabetic drug and the impact my food tolerances had on my health and how well I'm doing because of my dietary change. We had a chat on my history and my views on how I help my wife who has T2, and the improvements she has made because of dietary changes.
She had a very good understanding of a lower carb diet rather than very low and talked about fats, especially saturated fats. Which debated individual needs because she has celiac disease and the consequences of no fat especially saturated fats in the diet, mentioned gluten and the impact that has on dietary choices.
I mentioned fasting and my experience trial and error that I'm doing.
We finished by her saying that she is going to read up on RH, and the recommended treatments for it.
My parting shot was that what I found and experienced was a little more controversial than anything that I've read, and that my endocrinologist has acknowledged my experience so far.
The dsn replied that because of my appointment, she will have to be more open minded.
I really like these appointments;):angelic::)

Reactions: lindisfel

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very glad it went well, noshy :)

Good for your new nurse having an open mind :D

Reactions: Lamont D

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Hey nosher just stopped by to check how everyone is doing and that is awesome well done you :) I had my hb1ac results this week first one since diagnosis and it was 39 which I was pleased with. Did anyone see the doctor who have up drugs? It was amazing. His doctors surgery started a walking group and they walked five times a week for half an hour a time and one guy went from type 2 hb1ac to normal just from walking. The nurse said she had never seen anything like it.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hey nosher just stopped by to check how everyone is doing and that is awesome well done you :) I had my hb1ac results this week first one since diagnosis and it was 39 which I was pleased with. Did anyone see the doctor who have up drugs? It was amazing. His doctors surgery started a walking group and they walked five times a week for half an hour a time and one guy went from type 2 hb1ac to normal just from walking. The nurse said she had never seen anything like it.

That's really good Emma!
How are you coping?
Have you had a definitive diagnosis yet?
I can't be ***** scrolling through your posts, have you seen the endocrinologist again?

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
I am ok thanks. Seeing the consultant again in October re RH. I haven't got a diagnosis for my other issues but I've had genetic testing and I am homozygous for MTHFR and that is a methylation issue which affects cardiovascular stuff but also heterozygous for factor v Leiden which is a clotting issue. My numbers are good. Cholesterol 4 with high good cholesterol and low bad cholesterol and triglycerides 1.3 but haematologist wants me on aspirin because they basically don't know what happened still!

I think I have a b12 problem but my blood serum doesn't reflect that. That is my next battle with the docs!

Good to be back though. I am really struggling to lose weight. Sticking to my diet rigidly and walking couple of miles a day but nothing shifting!

Oh and I got married :))

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1475181207.266378.jpg

Reactions: hankjam

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I am ok thanks. Seeing the consultant again in October re RH. I haven't got a diagnosis for my other issues but I've had genetic testing and I am homozygous for MTHFR and that is a methylation issue which affects cardiovascular stuff but also heterozygous for factor v Leiden which is a clotting issue. My numbers are good. Cholesterol 4 with high good cholesterol and low bad cholesterol and triglycerides 1.3 but haematologist wants me on aspirin because they basically don't know what happened still!

I think I have a b12 problem but my blood serum doesn't reflect that. That is my next battle with the docs!

Good to be back though. I am really struggling to lose weight. Sticking to my diet rigidly and walking couple of miles a day but nothing shifting!

Oh and I got married :))

Some good results for you in many ways;)

Keep battling and do come back.
So happy for you!

Kaz261

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Just checking in quickly.

Great results @Nosher, you must be chuffed to bits!

Lovely to see you back @Linagirl and a huge CONGRATULATIONS! I trust you are keeping well?

Reactions: Lamont D