Type 1 Hard to breathe

Richtie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all diagnosed type 1 last and I'm in my late 40's. I have since gained weight and now trying to exercise. I used to be reasonably fit and stopped smoking 3 months before my diagnosis, I now find it hard to breathe during alot of my exercise , I fight for oxygen as sometimes I feel as though I am suffocating. Any ideas or solutions would be great.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
That's not good @Richtie , have you mentioned this to your Dr or diabetes team, if not I would do so just to be safe.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Richtie It would be best to see your doctor for a general check up. Breathlessness can be caused by many things, and what you're experiencing may not be related to your diabetes.

lynn007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
animal abuse
Hi all diagnosed type 1 last and I'm in my late 40's. I have since gained weight and now trying to exercise. I used to be reasonably fit and stopped smoking 3 months before my diagnosis, I now find it hard to breathe during alot of my exercise , I fight for oxygen as sometimes I feel as though I am suffocating. Any ideas or solutions would be great.
Hi I have been like this I gave up smoking almost 3 years now I do have asthma and use inhalers but I was having breathing problems and I think it was the extra weight so went to dr and she gave me tablets for asthma and they been really good ...go to your dr dont struggle

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi and welcome. I think you will find your breathlessness has nothing to do with the diabetes unless it's way out of control. Time to see the GP I think.

Richtie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanx all for replies, yup it's scary , will take advice and see GP asap. I too , lynn007 am wondering if it's asthma. Thanx again all for advice

Reactions: azure