Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nuts have some carbs so they should be limited but essential for a good healthy low carb diet. They are moreish. I eat too many when im hungry too.

Ickihun - Could you please point me to the studies indicating that nuts are ".... essential for a good healthy low carb diet.... ". I have never read this and when in UK, I rarely eat nuts (I do when overseas, but for different reasons).

I'm pretty healthy, and I'd say nothing in my tests - self-testing or lab tests suggest I am lacking in anything.

To be on topic, I can confirm my fasting blood score this morning was 3.8.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Ickihun - Could you please point me to the studies indicating that nuts are ".... essential for a good healthy low carb diet.... ". I have never read this and when in UK, I rarely eat nuts (I do when overseas, but for different reasons).

I'm pretty healthy, and I'd say nothing in my tests - self-testing or lab tests suggest I am lacking in anything.

To be on topic, I can confirm my fasting blood score this morning was 3.8.
Hi @AndBreathe . From these forums. I'll find it. If you search 'nuts' or google nutrients found in nuts, you'll see magnesium.
Magnesium can go low on low carb diets, mine has. @Brunneria and others have suggested I got my magnesium checked after ill effects on lchf which was excellent advice. Hence nuts are an essential part of a low carb diet, for me.
Fbg 8.2 this morning without a liver dump nor metformin and low insulin and low carb with nuts for magnesium. :)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @AndBreathe . From these forums. I'll find it. If you search 'nuts' or google nutrients found in nuts, you'll see magnesium.
Magnesium can go low on low carb diets, mine has. @Brunneria and others have suggested I got my magnesium checked after ill effects on lchf which was excellent advice. Hence nuts are an essential part of a low carb diet, for me.
Fbg 8.2 this morning without a liver dump nor metformin and low insulin and low carb with nuts for magnesium. :)

Ickihun - There are plenty of sources of magnesium, as this website (mirroring many others) suggests. https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Magnesium-HealthProfessional/

That they are "essential" to you is purely, I'm assuming, due to your dietary preferences, but that doesn't make them "essential" to anyone else. Magnesium is important, but there are plenty of sources that can be picked up in a decent mixed diet, in my opinion.