Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi 6.7 this morning going up again for two days. Snacking on Nuts? stressed watching the AB's ?
Nuts have some carbs so they should be limited but magnesium is essential/important for a good healthy low carb diet. They are moreish. I eat too many when im hungry too.

Last edited:

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

Very pleased with a 5.1 this morning because we were out celebrating my daughters Birthday last night - Fish pie, and chocolate fudge cake, so I was prepared for a rather high figure this morning - must have been the therapeutic cocktail and Beers..........

Reactions: ickihun

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
5.3 this morning after a huge Chinese ten courses dinner followed by a small slice of birthday cake. Did not have fried rice nor noodles served at the end of the meal.

Reactions: Tim55 and Prem51

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Rubbish 8.6 yesterday and 8.1 today. Celebrating my parents 50th wedding anniversary this weekend, but I thought I was fairly good. Kicked myself up the butt today and tried to stick to LCHF (I took my low carb sarnies to a fancy design show LOL) and had a good 45 minute swim.

Really need to get myself back on track and hit those 5s ... maybe become a bit complacent

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions

I might be giving up - I just can't get a grip on this. I am eating right, could it be the heat?
Don't give up persistence pays off in the end and the heat could very well play a part in elevated BG.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Fbg 8.2 forgot to take metformin, twice yesterday. Still on low insulin and older son made me a double ham, no cheese toastie (with white bread). I couldnt refuse, it was a surprise. Enjoyed it more because I shouldnt have it.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
No nuts last night not even a snack and 5.8 this morning. It's down to will power I suppose
Maybe nuts are too carby for you. Try cheese if you want to experiment to block liver dump. Even none diabetics have liver dump. It natural. Me - I try and block it so I have a lower early start. Mind u I didn't do it last night either. Sometimes I forget or not hungry.
In fact last night I had a late carby meal, hence my 8.2. Most likely.