HELP ME PLEASE! Never had a craving like it :( Struggling not to give in

MissMac

SO as we know I am doing the LCHF and doing alright, sugars can be a bit high but still always under 7 and more often than not in the 5's which is OK with me as I know I am still not doing this right! ANYWAY! I digress. I have not had cravings since I started this...surprised really as I was literally a carb or nothing girl, biscuits, cake, chocolate.
Today I've really not been feeling great...whether it's all the gloss work the man's done, the white spirit smell or what..but on and off ALL day I've just felt sick sick sick. We had dinner planned for tonight but I cannot stomach the thought...then it came to me ALL I want is chip shop chips with loads of salt and vinegar...I am REALLY struggling not to just go sod it and have a small portion...I know I will spike....I just won't test..I know I will feel like hell but to be honest..I kinda do anyway....thoughts anyone? This is not about falling off the wagon so to speak, I just feel so rubbish and am so hungry and nothing on the LCHF doesn't make my stomach just leap...what the hell do I do at this time???? x

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
SO as we know I am doing the LCHF and doing alright, sugars can be a bit high but still always under 7 and more often than not in the 5's which is OK with me as I know I am still not doing this right! ANYWAY! I digress. I have not had cravings since I started this...surprised really as I was literally a carb or nothing girl, biscuits, cake, chocolate.
Today I've really not been feeling great...whether it's all the gloss work the man's done, the white spirit smell or what..but on and off ALL day I've just felt sick sick sick. We had dinner planned for tonight but I cannot stomach the thought...then it came to me ALL I want is chip shop chips with loads of salt and vinegar...I am REALLY struggling not to just go sod it and have a small portion...I know I will spike....I just won't test..I know I will feel like hell but to be honest..I kinda do anyway....thoughts anyone? This is not about falling off the wagon so to speak, I just feel so rubbish and am so hungry and nothing on the LCHF doesn't make my stomach just leap...what the hell do I do at this time???? x

This is going to sound like a bonkers question, but what did you have planned for dinner? Do you know what aspect of the chips, with S+V you actually fancy?

Bear with me on the questions. You know I do questions.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
maybe if you force yourself to eat a lot of salty peanuts , you´ll feel so filled up that your cravings disapears..?

admit I took 1 potato-chip in city today.. at a market stand

Reactions: Sauron and Liam1955

MissMac

This is going to sound like a bonkers question, but what did you have planned for dinner? Do you know what aspect of the chips, with S+V you actually fancy?

Bear with me on the questions. You know I do questions.
Dinner was chicken and stuffed mushrooms...I can't stomach the thought of meat and I cannot stomach the thought of cheese!!! Not sure on the chips...it's more the salt and vinegar if I am honest!! I love questions...if you can help with some answers! lol x

MissMac

GO AND GET THE BLOODY CHIPS! ! ! !
Life is for living, don't die miserable
I know that's kinda where I am but also know how rough I will feel which is putting me off....rough mentally that I have let myself down more than physically as, as say..I feel rough anyway so don't think it will make much difference!!! xx

Reactions: Freema

MissMac

How did you plan on getting to the chippy in holey leggings?
Cause the other half would drive me there if he could have sausage and chips and would probably let me stay in the car!!! It's only getting out that would be embarrassing...mind you nearest one if Yeovil....they'd probably not bat an eyelid..I could go in my PJ's! lol x

Reactions: Maurice10512

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't have any peanuts in the house :( not in any great shape to drive now in my holey leggings! lol I am such a glamour puss x

I bought a lot of cheap protein bars with rasberry taste with only 2 grams of sugar pro 100 grams , and also a lot of special sugarfree liqurice that is 40% fibre and takes years to tew... so that I always have something to cheat with that is not too bad, also have 1 kg of peanuts and other nuts...

Reactions: Avocado Sevenfold

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Sometimes we just need a gorge. When I do I want a big fat rare burger but I still stay low carb. I crave salty gooey foods and usually turn to avocado and it takes care of it. If it's the salt and vinegar try mustard on something. I make a veggie dip with mustard and mayo.

It's always such a balancing act. Feeling like rubbish, trying to keep bs from spiking and fulfilling cravings.

Wishing you luck!!

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Cause the other half would drive me there if he could have sausage and chips and would probably let me stay in the car!!! It's only getting out that would be embarrassing...mind you nearest one if Yeovil....they'd probably not bat an eyelid..I could go in my PJ's! lol x
I agree with the others that it may be a salt or salt and vinegar craving. Do you have any pickled onions in the house? Or peas you could have with salt and vinegar? My vote is - don't go to the chippy as carbs lead to greater carb cravings. Slippery slope.

Reactions: Serena51

MissMac

Sometimes we just need a gorge. When I do I want a big fat rare burger but I still stay low carb. I crave salty gooey foods and usually turn to avocado and it takes care of it. If it's the salt and vinegar try mustard on something. I make a veggie dip with mustard and mayo.

It's always such a balancing act. Feeling like rubbish, trying to keep bs from spiking and fulfilling cravings.

Wishing you luck!!
Thanks...think I am gonna need it to be honest as my resolve is proper low at the moment!! It's mad...not had a craving so I don't have anything in the house for me that is like "a cheat" as just not interested! I just want the chips so bad! lol (please not I was never bothered about chips even before this) lol x

MissMac

I agree with the others that it may be a salt or salt and vinegar craving. Do you have any pickled onions in the house? Or peas you could have with salt and vinegar? My vote is - don't go to the chippy as carbs lead to greater carb cravings. Slippery slope.
Nope none of the above...you see my dilemma? I know what ya saying...it's defo not a carb craving and defo the salt and vinegar and cannot think of anything I will stomach today that would solve it...I am loving the idea of salted peanuts but that is gonna mean getting changed and not sure I have the energy...man I hate hormones! lol xx

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Surely if you can ride shotgun in holey leggings to the chippy, you can do the same to the Esso garage or wherever for peanuts! lol

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If it's the sour/acidic taste and salt you're salivating for, you need some Lemon Pepper. It's a sort of blend of powdered lemon zest and very finely ground black pepper and salt. We fairly regularly have lemon pepper chicken, which is just a good, generous sprinkling of the lemon pepper onto the chicken skin, then roast it. You can do a whole chicken or just portions.

I buy mine overseas, but I think you can get it here now. I'll have a little look in a minute.

Reactions: Serena51

MissMac

If it's the sour/acidic taste and salt you're salivating for, you need some Lemon Pepper. It's a sort of blend of powdered lemon zest and very finely ground black pepper and salt. We fairly regularly have lemon pepper chicken, which is just a good, generous sprinkling of the lemon pepper onto the chicken skin, then roast it. You can do a whole chicken or just portions.

I buy mine overseas, but I think you can get it here now. I'll have a little look in a minute.
I'll see what he says but we might try and roast some almonds which I have in spades in some salt.........saves his lordship from moaning (he is supportive but not THAT much more is the pity). Liking the sounds of the lemon pepper though.....right now could not do the chicken however...oh my super sicky stomach today is causing me issue! xxx Thank you for your suggestions and help though...don't feel like I am going quite as mad in my head now! lol xxx

MissMac

Roasted almonds! Sorted :D
Ha ha I know...just seeing if they are higher or lower in carbs....oh how I love google! lol Least I don't feel as desperate now with an option or 2...though the peanuts are kinda winning so I guess I am gonna take my sorry self upstairs to get changed and drive to the garage and try not to puke on the way! x

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I know that's kinda where I am but also know how rough I will feel which is putting me off....rough mentally that I have let myself down more than physically as, as say..I feel rough anyway so don't think it will make much difference!!! xx
I know just how you feel, when I have a craving I usually go for it. Interestingly I seldom enjoy the much craved treat as much as I want to, this in turn makes my resolve stronger. Strength of resolve is great for diabetes control.
Chips or no chips you'll learn something from tonight.

Reactions: Serena51 and Freema