HELP ME PLEASE! Never had a craving like it :( Struggling not to give in

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You could shake vinegar on some pork scratchings, provided you didn't let it soak in. Ultra low carb and my mouth is watering now!

I'm positive I've seen Lemon Pepper in the Seasonings or World Foods section of a supermarket, I just can't recall which, frustratingly. Another option would be Adobo, or I KNOW Sumac would do it.

I've looked in my cupboard, spice rack and larder at my various stashes, and i I had a sealed little pot of Lemon Pepper, I'd send it to you (useless for tonight, obviously), but I only have an open pot and a sealed 1.5lb pot in the larder. Yes, it's that good!

I used Badia brand spices where I find them (and both my LP and Adobo are that brand, and brought back from elsewhere), but my Sumac is from good old Tesco, from the good old World Foods area.

Not that I enjoy my food or anything.............:hungry:

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There is a chance that non LCHF has been demonised that you'll have some and (i) feel guilty, not great and (ii) wonder what all the fuss was about as chips are not as good as they used to be...
though having said that I was in Perth today and as we were walking back to the car there was a couple transferring chips from a poke into rolls to make a chip buttie and the smell of chip and vinegar was lovely... but that was then, this is now.
I've not had cravings, so cannot really advise... I probably eat too much meat....
Wish you good.

MissMac

SORTED!!!!! I made myself put some decent "can be seen in public" clothes...garage...got me a nice peppery peperoni and a bag of salted peanuts and some pistachios!!!! SO proud of me now!lol THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT, love you guys xxx

Reactions: hankjam

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There is a chance that non LCHF has been demonised that you'll have some and (i) feel guilty, not great and (ii) wonder what all the fuss was about as chips are not as good as they used to be...
though having said that I was in Perth today and as we were walking back to the car there was a couple transferring chips from a poke into rolls to make a chip buttie and the smell of chip and vinegar was lovely... but that was then, this is now.
I've not had cravings, so cannot really advise... I probably eat too much meat....
Wish you good.

Fair shout Hankjam.

Actually, @MissMac , I sometimes have a few chips, but I'm not fussed any more and I only have them if MrB is having them; I'll either pinch a few, or if he's doing oven chips (McCain's Chunky Cut - he's particular!), and I'll have half a dozen, which satisfies me for another eon.

When he plates them up (Yes, he's the cook in this hacienda), he stacks them Jenga styleeeeeeee to indulge me. :)

When, like now, he's not here, I just never consider chips. I'm not going to put the oven on for half a dozen chips.

I guess it depends how you feel you'd cope with the chips, if they were once a biiiig favourite.

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Yes, sometimes you do just need this. Hope you enjoyed it to the fullest. :D

MissMac

Fair shout Hankjam.

Actually, @MissMac , I sometimes have a few chips, but I'm not fussed any more and I only have them if MrB is having them; I'll either pinch a few, or if he's doing oven chips (McCain's Chunky Cut - he's particular!), and I'll have half a dozen, which satisfies me for another eon.

When he plates them up (Yes, he's the cook in this hacienda), he stacks them Jenga styleeeeeeee to indulge me. :)

When, like now, he's not here, I just never consider chips. I'm not going to put the oven on for half a dozen chips.

I guess it depends how you feel you'd cope with the chips, if they were once a biiiig favourite.
I didn't overly like chips before but it was defo the salt!!! Maybe it's why I have been feeling so rough today and finally my body decided to let me know!!! Either or! @chalup oh I SURE did...feel like I could run a marathon now....goes to show you really do have to fake it to make it but without the suggestions on here I think I would have given in and hated myself for days!!!! xxx

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done.. you did really great resisting temptation..I've been there too and know how hard it can be.

ChrisSamsDad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
UKIP, royalty, football, gin, goat's cheese.
I definitely have cravings for salt every now and then - I usually just have some Bovril and feel much better. It's well known that with low carb diet you don't have enough salt.

MissMac

It really was quite mad I have to say but thanks to you lot, it was sorted....even quite enjoyed the drive in the country when it was quiet! I now have peanuts on stand by and it might be I incorporate them into a daily thing..I always add salt and pepper to my salad so kinda thought I was getting enough...though thinking about it, I have been having really symptomatic postural hypotension too and wonder if a low sodium could be doing that...oooo it's a process! x

Reactions: Freema

MDHalstead

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would have a small portion of chips.

In fact I do every week

It won't kill you

Reactions: Karenchq

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I had fish and chips with mushy peas and curry sauce the other day a once in a blue moon sort of thing bg went up but was down in a couple of hours some times you just have to realise you are just human and perfection is hard to keep up..

Reactions: Liam1955

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would have a small portion of chips.

In fact I do every week

It won't kill you

well you look so fit ... maybe you are burning much more glucose daily than those imobilised from arthritis and other illbnesses ..so guess YOU can eat more sugars and starchs than most of us can

Last edited:

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had fish and chips with mushy peas and curry sauce the other day a once in a blue moon sort of thing bg went up but was down in a couple of hours some times you just have to realise you are just human and perfection is hard to keep up..
I had the same last night only without the mushy peas! Left a lot of the batter, half the chips and after 2 hours 7.0 and 3 hours 6.3 so not too shabby! Off to a BBQ now so hope there's plenty of meat and salad!

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
Good on you, Miss Mac, and everyone who came up with such brilliant suggestions!

Reactions: Freema

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
SO as we know I am doing the LCHF and doing alright, sugars can be a bit high but still always under 7 and more often than not in the 5's which is OK with me as I know I am still not doing this right! ANYWAY! I digress. I have not had cravings since I started this...surprised really as I was literally a carb or nothing girl, biscuits, cake, chocolate.
Today I've really not been feeling great...whether it's all the gloss work the man's done, the white spirit smell or what..but on and off ALL day I've just felt sick sick sick. We had dinner planned for tonight but I cannot stomach the thought...then it came to me ALL I want is chip shop chips with loads of salt and vinegar...I am REALLY struggling not to just go sod it and have a small portion...I know I will spike....I just won't test..I know I will feel like hell but to be honest..I kinda do anyway....thoughts anyone? This is not about falling off the wagon so to speak, I just feel so rubbish and am so hungry and nothing on the LCHF doesn't make my stomach just leap...what the hell do I do at this time???? x

I was gonna suggest (on the basis of your original post.) that on the way to the chippy, you swing by a chemist & invest in a pregnancy test?? :D;)

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When I get these sort of salt cravings that a handful of. Peanuts doesn't.sort out I think it is my bodies way of telling me that I need more salt so I have some Marmite in hot water (Ok love or hate )
CAROL

Reactions: Serena51