Fasting or not fasting experiment

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
I recently did a 7 day fast plus a daily bulletproof coffee (my version with coconut oil and double cream).

I had a few queries about whether this was a fast or not. So as a comparison I have just completed a 5 day fast without the coconut oil in the coffee to see the results.

I will compare the first 5 days of the 7 day fast with the more recent 5 day fast.

Weight loss over both periods was similar 7 pounds with the coffee 6.4 pounds without (also I guess I have less to lose overall!)
Blood sugars ranged from 6.1-3.8 first method 5.6-4.1 no coconut oil
Ketones went from 0-3.5 first way 1.2-3.3 no coconut oil

Still had cream in my coffee but less the second time around.

I would say that the second 5 day period was a bit more difficult and I had more hunger pangs than the first.
So not a huge difference ... not sure why the ketones were so much better at the start of the second fast.

Looks like the coconut oil in the coffee doesn't have much impact on the figures. But i think it certainly helped to make me feel more satiated during the fast. Not a very scientific method but thought some of you may be interested.

Regards
Mark

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi
I recently did a 7 day fast plus a daily bulletproof coffee (my version with coconut oil and double cream).

I had a few queries about whether this was a fast or not. So as a comparison I have just completed a 5 day fast without the coconut oil in the coffee to see the results.

I will compare the first 5 days of the 7 day fast with the more recent 5 day fast.

Weight loss over both periods was similar 7 pounds with the coffee 6.4 pounds without (also I guess I have less to lose overall!)

I would say that the second 5 day period was a bit more difficult and I had more hunger pangs than the first.
So not a huge difference ... not sure why the ketones were so much better at the start of the second fast.

Looks like the coconut oil in the coffee doesn't have much impact on the figures. But i think it certainly helped to make me feel more satiated during the fast. Not a very scientific method but thought some of you may be interested.

Regards
Mark

As you are aware, my recent posts have been about intermittent fasting.
Which has certainly given me more questions than answers.
One thing that you find out, is we don't need to eat three square meals a day!
Or eat a great deal in between fasts, or when you eat,.
I think sometimes that my system doesn't like me giving it too much to do.
I'm really surprised at the amount of food I'm not eating now!

I'm going to keep on with this fasting lark simply because I feel great doing it.
But, as always, everything in moderation!

Your weight loss is impressive!

Good on yer for sharing!

Reactions: kokhongw

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi

Regards
Mark
wow respect wow wish I could force mysself to do that... wow I will do it sometime in the future I know that

Reactions: Lamont D