What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

A

asparagusp

Thanks Keesha. The nurse replied to yesterday's email today and advised the opposite so I will try dropping the Gliclazide and go back to 8 units of Lantus.

Reactions: phdiabetic

Paul3613

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
NOT BEING ABLE TO EAT WHAT I WANT, Outdoor gardening, Bad weather, Floods, Bush fires, Below zero temperatures, Not being able to walk my dog (she is to old),
5.1 - really delighted with myself! Type 2 for 15 years and taking charge after nurse gave me a meter. Buying supplies myself.
Welcome to the forum I don't know what country you are in but here in Australia the rebate I got for my Accucheck machine was equal to the total price I paid. It's the consumables, mainly the test strips, that cost a lot, $70 for a box of 100 or $1.30 if you have a National Diabetes Services Scheme "NDSS" card. If you have to test yourself 5 times a day, like my neighbour, a box lasts you for 20 days. Hope you like the forum, have a great day. Paul..

Paul3613

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
NOT BEING ABLE TO EAT WHAT I WANT, Outdoor gardening, Bad weather, Floods, Bush fires, Below zero temperatures, Not being able to walk my dog (she is to old),
6.1 this morning, since joining this forum it has helped me keep track of my levels, I'm off to walk my new dog. Paul..

Reactions: Wurst and Prem51

tigers1941

One morning later checked before Coffee or shower, a reading of 8.5, it was 9.5 yesterday.
I feel not very good in the mornings when I get up, takes me an hour or two to come to myself, that is without any alcohol the previous night, I just accept it as part of life.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
today happy happy happy 5.8 first under 6 for a while :rolleyes::):wacky:

but also burnt 1200 calories at the fitness-center and by walking yesterday.... and only ate 70 grams of carbs and 59 grams of protein yesterday... and working so hard for the result.... seems I´ll end up being able to do a marathon before my mornings sugars are normal to where they were before I had diabetes... where they were about 4.5 most of the day...

Last edited:

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nobody said it would be easy @Freema . Well done on the 5.8, it could be a sign of good things to come :)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
6/10 - Morning.

5.2 - :)

Reactions: Paul3613
A

asparagusp

mmm - food for thought! After a week of low 4s with a couple of 3.5s, today 6.1. Bah humbug.

Two nights ago I had decreased the Lantus by one unit and the following morning 4.2. Last night I dropped the evening Gliclazide and increased the Lantus by one unit back to 8 units.

Update - The post breakfast readings had been good too, well within range. 6.6 yesterday but post breakfast today, 10.9, though I am unsure of whether it was two hours or not after breakfast or not. I have the same breakfast every day.

Last edited by a moderator: