redtree92

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone,

I'm lauren :) this is my very first post!

I have had type one Diabetes since I was 13, so eleven long years now, I have always been in denial of it, not in a depressed way, more of a i was fine before ill be fine now, if i ignore it its not happening, I'm gunna go be a crazy teenager kind of way!
But as I am getting older it terrifies me, I have been trying to get in control of it on and off for years now, I go through stages of being in control and feeling great, to never testing and literally not caring! I struggle with depression and anxiety and that does not help, its a nasty circle! But I am in a good place now, I have good relationships with my Diabetes team and thats the first step! Not only do i want to prove to them I can do it, I want to do it for myself, Be in control of the diabetes and accept it, not the other way around, I don't think I will ever be the model diabetic, I'm to stubborn for that haha, but I am in control.
I am on my way towards a pump now, and I'm so excited about that.

Anyway thats the short of it :) But I know I am gunna need allot of support and this seems like a good place to start !

xxx

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome to the forum, you arw in the right place to get the support you need. There are many knowledgeable T1's here who will be only too happy to help. :)

Reactions: redtree92

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Welcome to the forum @redtree92 :)

That is a great opening post and so pleased that you've turned your life around and now have a positive outlook, do keep us informed on your pump progress. Best wishes.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Welcome @redtree92 :)

There are plenty of helpful Type 1s here, and we all know how wearing diabetes can be,miso feel free to moan!

There are also some great tips to help with control :)

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
Hya Lauren,
Hope we can be of some help to you :)

redtree92

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome @redtree92 :)

There are plenty of helpful Type 1s here, and we all know how wearing diabetes can be,miso feel free to moan!

There are also some great tips to help with control :)

hehehe thank you, i can tell already I'm gunna love it here :)

xxx

M

mist

Welcome to the community. You will find lots of great advice here, but not from me, I'm a terrible diabetic..:wacky:

redtree92

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome to the community. You will find lots of great advice here, but not from me, I'm a terrible diabetic..:wacky:

ahahahahah, well when I am also being a naught diabetic you can help me not feel so bad hahahahaha :D x

Reactions: Freema