Diabetone (Vitamins Supplement Specifically For Diabetics)

A

asparagusp

Sorry I didn't notice the question Jaylee! I can't really say but for a good few years off and on.

ChrisSamsDad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
UKIP, royalty, football, gin, goat's cheese.
If you are eating enough real food I guess you shouldn't really need supplements?
To be honest I have never heard of them but am of the school of thought that all these supplements are for the most part a con.
But in the interest of honesty I do take 400mg of magnesium citrate as well as a teaspoon f salt each day.. so maybe I'm the mug!
My feelings too, on both counts. My worry about Vitamin supplements is that people use them as a an alternative to eating healthily - fresh food. They think they can balance the books by eating **** and drinking, smoking etc, but necking some vitamins or having a Berocca. I think there may well be something to be said for Vitamin D, as we (and by 'we' I mostly mean 'I') don't get outside anywhere near as much as humans are meant to. Currently I reckon I'm about a week away from leaving the house for work and getting back to it from work in the dark, and I rarely get out at lunchtimes.

A

asparagusp

All the food I eat is quality food but I eat alone and therefore spend as little time in the kitchen as possible. I have never had a weight problem. I'm female. I don't drink other than an odd glass of wine every few weeks and I have never smoked.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Some people, like me who have limited capability of eating have to rely on supplements.

There was a programme on TV a while back that compared vitamins in today's fruit and veg compared to 1918. The vitamins were severely depleted.

I optimise my vit D and it was 175 at last test. Too high, due to hubby giving me 3 drops of vit D in my tea instead of 2. However, I can definitely say that supplements do work for those that can eat next to nothing. Item you food today has been 100g skinned cucumber, 50g avocado, 15g feta and salmon. 100g yogurt.

I take magnesium separately, calcium (not vit B as pre cancer without supplements it was off the scale), oil of oregano and garlic and this has kept my small intestine clear of bacteria (just tested)... And more...

The only thing that is running low are my levels for anaemia... But I do have broccoli every other day and spinach in my smoothies now to compensate.

I read this with interest as if diabetone was giving good levels for key blood markers like vit d, magnesium, calcium etc it would be cheaper than the stuff I buy every month.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry I didn't notice the question Jaylee! I can't really say but for a good few years off and on.

No problem. Thanks for getting back to me. :cool:

You have appreciate insulin therapy can play a major part in BS managment in an almost immediate fashion.
From your earlier answer not testing with a meter until (apparently.) starting on insulin therapy has no bearing on the effectiveness of the supplement taken.. There are enough "variables" in the mix with insulin, without throwing in a "supplement"..

To me as an insulin user like yourself.. Is a little like "Shrodinger's cat"? With respect (& a little pessimism on the product.) based on the aforementioned? This moggy is dead. ;)

Last edited:
A

asparagusp

You have missed my point still! I have no benchmarks in place. I'm wanting to hear of people's experience if they have taken Diabetone as to whether it made a difference in their sugar levels so I know whether taking it is a waste of time and money!

A

asparagusp

Some people, like me who have limited capability of eating have to rely on supplements.

There was a programme on TV a while back that compared vitamins in today's fruit and veg compared to 1918. The vitamins were severely depleted.

I optimise my vit D and it was 175 at last test. Too high, due to hubby giving me 3 drops of vit D in my tea instead of 2. However, I can definitely say that supplements do work for those that can eat next to nothing. Item you food today has been 100g skinned cucumber, 50g avocado, 15g feta and salmon. 100g yogurt.

I take magnesium separately, calcium (not vit B as pre cancer without supplements it was off the scale), oil of oregano and garlic and this has kept my small intestine clear of bacteria (just tested)... And more...

The only thing that is running low are my levels for anaemia... But I do have broccoli every other day and spinach in my smoothies now to compensate.

I read this with interest as if diabetone was giving good levels for key blood markers like vit d, magnesium, calcium etc it would be cheaper than the stuff I buy every month.

The only thing that is missing from the Diabetone ingredients is calcium but then you can buy calcium from the same manufacturers ..... Beware though. I read that more than 800 mg in supplement form causes heart problems so when I do buy them, i take only one tablet as opposed to two.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You have missed my point still! I have no benchmarks in place. I'm wanting to hear of people's experience if they have taken Diabetone as to whether it made a difference in their sugar levels so I know whether taking it is a waste of time and money!

Nah, you miss mine.. They would need to be diagnosed diabetic in a controlled environment on the same diet as prior to diagnosis & taking said supliment. With no other meds or change in diet involved to see if this stuff even touched the surface of BS managment... That's even discounting stuff like "honeymoon" in the case of a newly diagnosed T1..

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

It's clear from the info on their website that it is not designed to have an impact on blood sugar levels. @NoCrbs4Me posted a good link earlier in the thread which you should probably take look at.

A

asparagusp

You were asking me specific questions about my situation and it wasn't relevant. I take your point in your last post but I was just asking for forum members' experience of it if they used it.

A

asparagusp

It's clear from the info on their website that it is not designed to have an impact on blood sugar levels. @NoCrbs4Me posted a good link earlier in the thread which you should probably take look at.

Well they "say" that but if someone is missing a certain nutrient for blood sugar control and the supplement provides it, then yes, blood sugar will be improved.

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well they "say" that but if someone is missing a certain nutrient for blood sugar control and the supplement provides it, then yes, blood sugar will be improved.

Yes, I read the info on the website as suggesting it was designed to allow people to maintain the micronutrients while on a restricted diet for blood sugar control purpose. So it's not the supplement that does a thing to control blood sugar, rather, it stops actions taken in an effort to control blood sugar impacting on micronutrient intake. Or at least, that's how it presents itself.

But then the same effect could probably be achieved by any bog standard multivitamin that isn't marketed to diabetics (I don't know I've not done any comparative investigation into supplements) or indeed, eating a good variety of actual food, while avoiding those foods that adversely effect blood sugar.

Reactions: Jaylee

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You were asking me specific questions about my situation and it wasn't relevant. I take your point in your last post but I was just asking for forum members' experience of it if they used it.

For the last time... (Or maybe not.) it's relevant to us insulin users.... You can't compare the meerkats when your a squirrel..

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

& so it can on an insulin regime... :rolleyes: Remember that stuff you inject with??

You are wanting answers to a question that don't apply to you... (Or I for that matter.)

I'm not avin "a go".. Just don't see your logic as an insulin user...? On any level with this topic?
I've no intention to hurt feelings. Just bringing it round to where "you're at"
with your D treatment/medication... ;)

If you are deficient in vitamins? Fair enough. But BS control...???! Take your time regarding the replies you get on this topic... :)

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There's not nearly enough Vitamin D3 in that formulation for me. I've been tested as deficient and take 1,000iu per day during winter; less in summer when I get more sun exposure. I also get tested regularly to make sure I'm in the ideal range. Vitamin D3 tends to be one of those "Goldilocks" type supplements - having too high levels can be just as problematic as being too low. I also take Vitamin K2 because it works synergistically with D3 to make sure calcium is deposited in the right places.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
K2 for me too. I think that combination (and hubby ivdrdosing me by an extra drop) is proof that D3, K2 and calcium supplements work. I also got good DEXA bone density results earlier this year...
I bet the wonen put on standard nhs vitd and calc haven't got such results as me... Will have to ask at my course tomorrow...

I don't think diabetone would be sonething that would be adequate strength for me now.