Type 1: Flu jabs?

redtree92

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone,

I have received a letter to book in for a flu jab now, this is my first one as I was diagnosed in February.

I just wondered what people opinions are you having it or not having it.

I am slightly more inclined to go for it but am concerned about side effects etc after having it.

I always get mine :) better safe than sorry !! Although one year I missed it and didn't die :p but it helps my peace of mind to have it!

happy jabbing xxx

Amy993

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I'm 16 and was diagnosed 7 weeks ago. I am having my flu jab on Friday as my mum said i have to. I have never had the flu, but my levels are already all over the place so don't want to get it!

Reactions: louiisehelen

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Phone your surgery and book one!

A week on Thursday for me!

Nosher is that you? (By "deed poll"?) ;) i recognise the profile pic. :D
Fair play on the name change. But I may have been screwed tagging you into an RH "thang"..

Reactions: Lamont D

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Nosher is that you? (By "deed poll"?) ;) i recognise the profile pic. :D
Fair play on the name change. But I may have been screwed tagging you into an RH "thang"..

Yup!

Had technical difficulties with my piece of equipment!;):rolleyes:

louiisehelen

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks everyone. I've booked in for it.

I've heard a couple of horror stories about it but I think these stick in your head more than all the people who have no issues and are fine.

Concordjan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not very good on computers!
I haven't had a letter yet and was diagnosed April....hope one comes through:)

I never get a letter, our surgery don't send them out. Just have to make appt.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I never get a letter, our surgery don't send them out. Just have to make appt.

You don't have to have the flu jab done at your Dr's, I haven't done for the last few years and instead just walk into one of the large supermarket pharmacy's and they do it, all you have to do is fill out a short form and the pharmacy forwards this on to your gp surgery to say you've had the flu jab.

I find it much more convenient doing it this way as the flu jab clinics at my surgery are always at a awkward time.

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
You don't have to have the flu jab done at your Dr's, I haven't done for the last few years and instead just walk into one of the large supermarket pharmacy's and they do it, all you have to do is fill out a short form and the pharmacy forwards this on to your gp surgery to say you've had the flu jab.

I find it much more convenient doing it this way as the flu jab clinics at my surgery are always at a awkward time.

Phone first thing and got an spot mid Nov. All flu jabs are being done on one Saturday.... line them up and jab away:)