My fasting came 280

sohailgagai

Yesterday I did not eat fruit rice only bran bread and two teas with artificial sweetener and grilled chicken but still my fasting came 280 very sad
OK now I start quiting bran bread
Let's hope good result and I will do exercise today let's see

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
You are also likely to be suffering dawn phenomenon. You liver gives you a dose of glucose in the morning to help you get up and go foraging and hunting for the next day. There are many threads on the topic if you do a search

Giving up bran bread is possibly a good choice until you get yourself sorted

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday I did not eat fruit rice only bran bread and two teas with artificial sweetener and grilled chicken but still my fasting came 280 very sad
OK now I start quiting bran bread
Let's hope good result and I will do exercise today let's see

yes untill you know what each kind of food spikes you it is wise to not eat a lot of what actually spikes you, and that is all kinds of carbs, some slower some faster... but all carbs spikes a diabetic...
Now I dont know how much you weigh, but is can also be a good idea to loose all overweight and also look at the size of each meal...
like if you aim for 80 grams of carbs a day ( and that is much if you want to control your diabetes by food choices) then if you have 3 or 4 meals a day then it will be a good idea to divide the carbs so you have them over more meals...
if you have a very high Dawn-phenomenon then the best is mostly fats and proteins for breakfast because then you are allready high before that meal...
most are lover after midd day and therefor take their mainpart of carbs in the meals for lunch and dinner and if having afternoon meal some there...

also proteins if one eat more of them than you need , also proteins are converted into glucose by the liver so therefore most only eat like 1 gram of proteins pro kg body-weight or less....

it is also crucial not to gain even more weight because it is worsening the prognosis for diabetics if being very heavy....
so it can be a help to calculate how many calories one need a day ...

here is a good calculator http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/DietMakeupCalc.php

https://www.dietdoctor.com/new-study-low-carb-diet-intermittent-fasting-beneficial-diabetics

Last edited:

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you on medication? Which type are you? 1 or 2?

Personally I could never eat 80 g of carbs as T2 or even now as T1. We all have different carb levels. 280 seems very high for DP.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
if you are type 1 you can´t go on living without insuline, I think your doctor has told you what type, but maybe you didn´t get it because type 1 and type 2 are two totally different types of diabetes...

a type 1 can´t live without taking insuline, not for very long anyways

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am 5 8 feet and 75 kg

at least you are not really fat thats a good thing, if you then can get into a good habit of doing a lot of excerzise and control diet and eat lots of above ground vegetables especially green leaves Salads then you are doing the best you can

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you on any medications for diabetes?

Do you check your blood sugar regularly?

sohailgagai

No I am. Not because it gives me blurr vision and confusion and depression and anxiety no my levels are always this high

M

mist

Sounds like your dosage is wrong then. You need to make adjustments to ensure you get enough insulin into your body in relation to the food your eating.

There are some pro level people on here with knowledge on that kind of thing, hang in there buddy the people here will fix you right up..;)

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
No I am. Not because it gives me blurr vision and confusion and depression and anxiety no my levels are always this high

You've said you stopped taking Amaryl. There are other meds you can try.

I advise you to go back to your doctor and see what meds they think would help get your blood sugar down. You could then also ask what type of diabetes you have.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

but maybe you don´t know that ; blurred vision and confusion and depression can come from those very high numbers of glucose, if you don´t get it down you can even become blind and not only get blured vision... it is damaging your eyes to have such high blood glucose numbers...I think you should go back to your doctor and give another kind of medicine a chance... and if your doctor says you need insuline... believe me then he is right ... cause you can actually end up being very handicapped from all what the high blood glucose does to your eyes and nerves in your legs and brain,,,

Last edited:

sohailgagai

I took all. Medicines for 1 year i was so sick and became jobless
I know if I don't get it in control I will die with all the organs damaging what I can do I really don't know I also know I need to get it in control

M

mist

I took all. Medicines for 1 year i was so sick and became jobless
I know if I don't get it in control I will die with all the organs damaging what I can do I really don't know I also know I need to get it in control

If that's the case then you need to go and speak to a medical professional to see what your options are available to you.

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi sohailgagai

You've had some very good advice posted here. It's essential to know what type of diabetes you have, as the type and treatment will have some differences. As your glucose levels are seemingly high, it's so important that your doctor can prescribe you medications appropriate to the type of diabetes you have. There are many different medications that your doctor can select from so, if one doesn't suit you, then see your doctor again to explain to you why it doesn't suit you and he can then decide the next medication to try.

Metformin is a good medication, particularly useful for Type 2s who are likely to have some degree of 'insulin resistance', which is most of type 2s. Occasionally, Metformin isn't tolerated well but there is another version of this medication which has a slower release/action and tends to be better tolerated. It's generally better to take Metformin with, or straight after, food in order to minimise any effects. I take Metformin and have no side effects, as many others.

If you are type 1, you will need different treatment which will include a prescriptioin of a Glucometer and test strips, along with a prescription of insulin, given by injection.

It is important to have your glucose levels in good control to avoid the later complications which can result from long-term raised glucose levels. Please arrange to see your doctor and get advice. We can't advise medications on here so you really should visit your doctor, for your own sake. If your depression is making this difficult, it is even more important to see your doctor, explain how you are feeling, what medications you do or don't take and let him have the opportunity to help you deal with all this.

Good luck