I need to know everything about how cannabis can will treat diabetes

pedro1846

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi There Forum People

First and foremost I do not have diabetes or have I ever used cannabis, this research is being undertaken by me for a friend.
Any pertinent questions that are raised in this thread that I do not know the answer to I will find out from my friend.

My friend has asked these questions;

What type of cannabis is used for the treatment of Diabetes?

What strains and percentages are suggested? ie. CBD :
THC ratio, and also containing additional cannabinoids of

• CBDA,
  • CBG,
  • CBGA,
  • CBC,
  • CBCA, delta9
  • THCA, delta9 T
  • HC, delta8
  • THC,
  • THCV.

What strength is recommended? i.e. 50 ml or mg/day

What dosage per day will bring results? 10 drops of xyz mg oil per day; 10 puffs of xyz weed of what strength/day

Method of delivery is best?

• Smoking weed
  • Vaping
  • Edibles
  • Oil extract
  • Tincture dilution of oil
  • Cannabis infused patch

Name of weed to smoke, i.e. Charlotte's Web

I am in regular (daily) Skype calls with my friend.

I have to fully admit that I am way out of my "comfort zone" here so any advice will be fully appreciated.

All replies will be answered to the best of my ability or later after seeking clarification from my friend.

S

Shar67

Cannabis doesn't treat diabetes at all.
Some may use it to treat neuropathy problems. Amount needed would be dependent on problem and the person.
Also as cannibis is still illegal to sell in UK, people don't have one consistent source of availability and or strength
CBD oil is available with the THC removed again in different % and different carrier oil%

BeccyB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've heard all sorts of things being suggested as treatments for diabetes but never cannibis. I'm curious why your friend is researching this?

Reactions: Freema

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've heard all sorts of things being suggested as treatments for diabetes but never cannibis. I'm curious why your friend is researching this?
Ask much as I'm sure it's a load of nonsense, I'm sure I've seen a mention of it on the diabetes.co.uk website somewhere...

I think scuba diving or base jumping would be just as effective at treating diabetes as hash.

A

asparagusp

I would imagine the pain associated with neuropathy. My father was diabetic and in pain and certainly he did consider it.

Dani26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm type 1 with neuropathy and vape cbd oil(which is legal) thc is the illegal bit... I've been vaping for a month and already my legs and feet are no longer pins and needles, shocks every time I walk... none of it is there any more... I've noticed my HbA1c has significantly dropped from 90 to 70 in less than a month too... I'm 26 now and have had type 1 since I was a 3 year old, went through the rebellious stages in life and now paying the price! But now under better control :) this is something your friend needs to research a lot first because he/she will have a significant drop in blood sugar levels whilst using cannabis oils... the best ratio for diabetes and/or complications is 1:1 that would be CBD and THC (one part each) I only use the CBD because it doesn't give effect of the "stoned" feeling, just stops the pain! Hope this is of some use to you

Reactions: bennycrock

Dani26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I totally agree with you but when in pain, it's no longer a drug , but a medicine. A medicine that has proved to help with neuropathic pain.

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
It's become legal to sale in some states in USA now. One of our current Presidential Candidates, Gary Johnson an Independent, has a business selling cannabis products. It is used to treat epilepsy, chronic pain and anorexia in cancer patients and some inflammatory diseases here. Personally I would not use it for diabetes unless the individual in question was severely underweight as it causes a sharp increase in appetite.

M

mist

I totally agree with you but when in pain, it's no longer a drug , but a medicine. A medicine that has proved to help with neuropathic pain.

Sure helped me during my cancer and the doctors were quite happy for me to use it. Pretty much tells you everything you need to know right there..;)

Reactions: stewpot65

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
In the states where it is legal here it is heavily taxed. The taxes are directed at specific things like indigent healthcare, public roads projects or other things like that. You must be licensed to sell or grow it just like liquor licenses here. I think I logged in earlier to ask a health question and got sidetracked-this has been fun but I have doctor's appointment-have to go.

Hotpepper20000

Of course as Medicine and if it works fantastic. No one should be in pain if there is a solution out there that can help
I know for cancer patients on chemo it does help.

fletchweb

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Someone was spreading a rumour around that I had been smoking it for the past 35 years - but how could that be - it's illegal and I've been Type 1 for the last 50 years with no complications - so definitely a rumour .... actually in Canada you can only get a medical marijuana prescription for a list of conditions documented by Health Canada and diabetes is not one of those listed conditions. Too bad although apparently Canada is supposed to legalize it by April of 2017 so it will be interesting to see how the medical community handles that.

Reactions: BeccyB

Hotpepper20000

Someone was spreading a rumour around that I had been smoking it for the past 35 years - but how could that be - it's illegal and I've been Type 1 for the last 50 years with no complications - so definitely a rumour .... actually in Canada you can only get a medical marijuana prescription for a list of conditions documented by Health Canada and diabetes is not one of those listed conditions. Too bad although apparently Canada is supposed to legalize it by April of 2017 so it will be interesting to see how the medical community handles that.
We