Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Hi, Ally1 Operation went ok, he had cancer of the bowel going to see him shortly:nurse:. My bg are always between 7.2 and 12 nearly every morning, but this morning my best reading for more than six months 5.3 and two hours later 7.3. Feeling really happy with those readings. :) How are you today, well i hope?
That reading is great and hope you get many more like that. Mine tend to be between 6.5 and 7.9 on fasting, but about a year ago, they were around 17

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That reading is great and hope you get many more like that. Mine tend to be between 6.5 and 7.9 on fasting, but about a year ago, they were around 17

You are one of the forum memers I admire the most @ally1 I've seen your numbers tumble since I joined in January - well done :):)

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A nice score if I was on Strictly ... 8.0 :( eating half a bar of regular choc, a heap of biscuits with my cheese, flu jab and a sleepless night was always going to give me a high, maybe not the type I want ;) Onwards, upwards though ....

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
To prevent any more hypos, in accordance with the nurse, I'm moving to morning injections. Last night I took four units instead of the six and this morning the six units. None tonight and six in the morning from now on. The reading of course is up but it could have been worse - 8.5

Update - My two hour post breakfast reading was 8.7! Only up 0.2! Amazing!
Give it 3 days to settle down. Well done.

Reactions: Liam1955

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A nice score if I was on Strictly ...a 8.0 :( eating half a bar of regular choc, a heap of biscuits with my cheese, flu jab and a sleepless night was always going to give me a high, maybe not the type I want ;) Onwards, upwards though ....
Buy some atkins bars on-line. Nibble them whilst doing tax return. I know how stressfulI it can be!