Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
You are one of the forum memers I admire the most @ally1 I've seen your numbers tumble since I joined in January - well done :):)
Thank you, you have made my day. It's been a hard slog to get my numbers down. Now its so much colder, I do find my numbers are a bit higher

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Welcome to the forum! You'll get there...
I'm tagging @daisy1 who will send you some information for new members which may be helpful.
Hugs x

Hello @Pampprof
In my signature you will see the link for the Basic Information and a link to the Low Carb Program. I hope you will find these useful.

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

Got a 6.5 this morning, but I did have to dive out dive out of bed and take delivery of a bed we expected yesterday before testing. Always find that sort of thing elevates it somewhat.

At least, thats my excuse and I am sticking to it!

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
4/11 - Morning.

Nightmare this Morning!

9.6 on Left Hand. 1 minute later. 8.0 on Right Hand.

Reactions: Tim55 and Prem51
A

asparagusp

Having switched Lantus to the morning and the subsequent reading of 8.5 yesterday, 6.0 and no hypo during the night! Delighted!

I was a little worried that the awful smell of paint in my bedroom would have affected the reading for the worse!

jonbvn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
5.5 for me this morning after a seafood buffet at a hotel with friends last night. I think they may have squeezed some carbs into some of the dishes ;)

Reactions: Tim55

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Can you think of a reason for this?

Hi:) I woke up at 5.30am having a hot sweat, a few days ago my GP had stopped some tablets - so I put it down to withdrawal symptoms. I ate nothing from 7pm last night and before bed at 1.15pm blood sugar was 10.2. Had my 22 units of Insulin and 1000mg Metformin at 6pm.
I am not going to worry about it - must be a 'blip' ? Thanks :)

Alfred Schmid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Due to Banting my Diabetes T2 is under control without having to take any medication for the last 3 years Today's Result HbA1c 5.2% in the last 3 years it has never been higher then 5.7% this means I am Non - diabetic thanks to Prof. TIM NOAKES The motto just eat real food

Reactions: mo53 and Prem51