Help

Robert 2170

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I am looking for some advice and help. I am on a pump and am starting to find that I can't get away with as much as I used to. I am taking more insulin than ever I am 4 years in to being type 1 I was diagnosed at 48 and been on the pump nearly 2 years
My nurse has said I should see the dietitian at the hospital do you think this will help

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Did she say why you should see the dietician?
I presume, as you're on the pump, that you've done the DAFNE course or equivalent.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Hi I am looking for some advice and help. I am on a pump and am starting to find that I can't get away with as much as I used to. I am taking more insulin than ever I am 4 years in to being type 1 I was diagnosed at 48 and been on the pump nearly 2 years
My nurse has said I should see the dietitian at the hospital do you think this will help
Simple solution is to count your carbs correctly and make sure your basal is correct. It doesn't matter if you are using MDI or a pump you can not get away with anything. We can't help you because you have to help yourself.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
By "get away" with things, do you mean sneaky extra food? If you do, as a fellow grazer, my DSN warned me that the pump was less forgiving than MDI because it was more precise. So I bolus for any extra carby food, even if it's a small amount.

rockape37

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Over the top political correctness
I would personally accept all the help that was offered to me so the answer is YES.

Regards
Martin

Robert 2170

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi sorry for late response
Saw the nurse she has said I could see her in stead of the dietitian and as you have all said it is up to me to make the change
Well last week my readings have been no higher than 7 and any thing I eat that is more than 5 carbs I take insulin bit more work but it is working

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Hi sorry for late response
Saw the nurse she has said I could see her in stead of the dietitian and as you have all said it is up to me to make the change
Well last week my readings have been no higher than 7 and any thing I eat that is more than 5 carbs I take insulin bit more work but it is working
Very pleased things have improved for you @Robert 2170 :)