What music are you listening to?

A

asparagusp

"Norma" by Bellini live on Radio 3 live from The Met, New York at the moment. I love it!

hornplayer

Sad to say that I don't really listen to music for fun any more. I only really listen to things if I have to perform them on next to no rehearsal lol, or if I think there's a chance the conductor might get lost!
Did a new show a few months ago. So new there aren't any recordings of it. Interesting harmony, pretty atonal in places, technically difficult in the pit and on stage, - it was serious fun to play. Trouble was, it changed time almost every bar and the conductor was struggling. It was a bit scary at times lol. ...... Luckily, I'm loud lol

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A little ditty for anybody who is less than thrilled about Trump/Brexit/unfettered global capitalism and suchlike.

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A discussion on another thread reminded me of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQPqiXLaqGE

("My Friend the Sun", by Family. I've put in a link because embedding has been disabled by the person who downloaded it to YouTube)

If it's not my favourite song, it's certainly up there in the top 10. Particularly poignant at the moment.....

Reactions: chris lowe
C

chris lowe

Sad to say that I don't really listen to music for fun any more. I only really listen to things if I have to perform them on next to no rehearsal lol, or if I think there's a chance the conductor might get lost!
Did a new show a few months ago. So new there aren't any recordings of it. Interesting harmony, pretty atonal in places, technically difficult in the pit and on stage, - it was serious fun to play. Trouble was, it changed time almost every bar and the conductor was struggling. It was a bit scary at times lol. ...... Luckily, I'm loud lol
Think I'm going to hide my Armed Man cd & dvd. My friend who is staying from tomorrow is singing in it in January, & I don't want to listen to her singing along.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Been revisiting this band a lot lately. Got into them 15 years back.. The early stuff is reminiscent of New Order?

A lot of their videos portray kids, cake... Or rather "kinky" women..
This one is relatively safe.. Though there are kids & cake...!