Low Carb Doctor Silenced ! Gary Fettke Becomes Australia's Tim Noakes

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
I find all this both difficult to believe & not surprising.
Diabetes UK are fighting a rearguard action against us - the maintain that "evidence" supports their stance. While ignoring the recent evidence, the experience of tens of thousands of diabetics, and examination of the citations they list as "evidence."
I have examined their citations, and found they do not quote the conclusions - only make a statement & refer to a paper that normally conclude the opposite to the point they are making.
My correspondence with DUK is on the Balance Nov/Dec thread. There's more to come. (See balance, p.52 for my letter as published.)

See - http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/balance-magazine-november-december.111279/

Last edited:
Reactions: Freema

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I don't understand how diabetes.co.uk can send out emails declaring they have won an award for their low carb programme with all the details as from above posting....

Seems like they don't really want to be seen as being so outspomen as Dr Aseem Malhotra etc but are wanting to keep patients on their side.

Some of this actually makes me think of Nelson Mandela and his locking up in some ways...

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
AHPRA gets a less than honourable mention in the case of a nurse convicted of killing two elderly residents of a nursing home in Ballina. Interesting & heartbreaking case.

Also - BUMP :) The petition is still going.

Last edited:
Reactions: IanD

Deespee23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
"It also informed Fettke that it was investigating him for “inappropriately reversing (a patient’s) type 2 diabetes – after another DAA dietitian’s complaint..."

“inappropriately reversing"?????

Are these people for real?????

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dr Aseem Malhotra calls out the persecution of Gary Fettke towards the end of this recent interview on BBC.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@GrantGam1337

Just thought you might be interested to read this thread, after the subject came up in another thread, yesterday. :)

Doriand

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Political Correctness
"It also informed Fettke that it was investigating him for “inappropriately reversing (a patient’s) type 2 diabetes – after another DAA dietitian’s complaint..."

“inappropriately reversing"?????

Are these people for real?????
What would constitute an appropriate reversal of T2 Diabetes?:meh:

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dr Gary Fettke's talk at the recent US Crossfit Games - The Role of Nutrition in Everything. He calls out just about every piece of BS in modern nutrition :)

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Dr Gary Fettke's talk at the recent US Crossfit Games - The Role of Nutrition in Everything. He calls out just about every piece of BS in modern nutrition :)

Thank you for posting this, I have not seen it before. If I wasn't angry at the begining of my learning curve I am absolutely fuming now.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A new video from Low Carb Downunder - Dr Gary Fettke speaking in October at the Gold Coast low carb event:

nickm

Type of diabetes
Type 1
At the age of 57, and after decades of T1, I still lead rock climbs, ski marathons, do Parkrun in under 21 mins, inline skate, and do the 100m in under 13 seconds. Certainly not by following a LCDU diet. In 20 years of following T1 athletes, I have never heard of anyone getting good results in Masters athletics using their approach. I have offered to speak at LCDU meetings but it seems that, like mainstream doctors, they won't listen to anyone who disagrees with their dogma.

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
“Inappropriately reversing”?!?!?

I don’t know whether to laugh or throw things in fury. But, as the mainstream medical profession keeps telling us, diabetes is a “progressive” disease and we should all shuffle off and wait for it to get us.