Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had for :

Lunch :250 grams of cottage cheese , 1 diet coke,

Teatime : 4 cups of chamomile tea,

Pre dinner : 8 pieces of peperoni, 4 cl Talisker port Ruighe whisky and 1 pear... til now.. and a big mug of Black tea with skimmed milk

Dinner : vegetable paste with cheese and vegetables..and avocado

Reactions: mo53

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Coffee at 2:15am when I got up to watch the election

10am, full English - half a slice of bread due to depression
7pm pizza - and I ate a couple of slices of the base for once, much needed

8pm chocolate and red wine

FBG is gonna be high tomorrow ....

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Chia seed in almond milk

L. I was eating out so I chose the best off the menu so had a ham ploughmans. It was super. My partner enjoyed the bread.

D. Grilled bacon and black pudding.

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
I am trying to remember what I ate today because my blood sugar has been great all day. (Someone dinged me to another's post of eating disorder-how rude!)
Yesterday-I had oatmeal, cheetos, an apple, a very small banana, 2 slices pepperoni pizza, 16 oz. 2% milk and half a Braum's chicken raspberry walnut salad yesterday, and about 1 and 1/2 oz. peanuts and lots of water.
today: (fasting blood sugar 126 mg/dl this morning at 7am.)
Breakfast: 1 packet Better Oats with flax brown sugar maple flavor, 1 cup coffee with 2 oz 2% milk, 1 slice Orowheat Healthnut bread with butter and 1 teaspoon Amish apple butter
Lunch: half of a Jimmy's Egg garbage breakfast (that's what it is actually called on the menu-it has hash browns, two eggs over easy, cheese, green bell peppers, onions), 1 slice buttered whole wheat toast (blood sugar 107 mg/dl 2 hours after lunch)
Snack: 1 Honey crisp apple,
Dinner: Lean Cuisine Turkey and dressing with apples, 1 miniature banana, water
I am comfort eating and the menu is what I was eating before I joined the forum and my blood sugar is better than it has been for weeks. I also mowed the lawn and walked today. The election is finally over although the result was terrible. So I ate more, exercised more, and stressed less today than usual.

Last edited:

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fasting BG 147 early morning
Breakfast: 1 packet Better Oats with flax brown sugar maple flavor, 1 cup coffee with 2 oz 2% milk, 1 slice Orowheat Healthnut bread with butter and 1 teaspoon Amish apple butter
Lunch: 1/2 McDonald's Ranch Salad (mixed greens, bacon, chicken, tomato, onion, buttermilk ranch dressing) with water, 1 miniature banana (about 1/4 size regular small banana)
Snack: 3/4 Honeycrisp Apple, 1/2 ounce roasted sunflower seeds
Dinner: 6 oz. 2% milk, Lean Cuisine Swedish meatballs, 1 ounce dry roasted peanuts
Snack: Coffee with 2% milk
Blood sugar 134 at 8:30pm
Walk in gym, low stress day but did not sleep well last night due to family caregiving. Stove in finally so can cook again tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: mo53

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
FBG 132 at 9am
Breakfast:1 packet Better Oats with flax brown sugar maple flavor, (32 carb, 160 calories)
with 1/8 c. roasted sunflower seeds on top (4 carb, 100 calories)
1 cup coffee with 2 oz 2% milk (2 carb, 30 calories)
Lunch: Spinach and onion omelette, 2 eggs, 2 ounces cheddar cheese (0 carb, 360 calories)
8 oz 2% milk (11 carbs, 120 calories)
Dinner: lean cuisine Swedish Meatballs (42 carb, 290 calories) water
Totals: 92 carbs, 1240 calories
BG 2 hrs after dinner

Last edited:

Chasida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Pubs/clubs
B. Quaker Oats porridge made with a dash of Almond Milk and bottled water, four strawberries added and a drizzle of fresh cream (yummy) BG was 5.7 after 90 mins.
L. Cheese Omelette made with two eggs
D. Two slices of seven seed toast with butter. Small banana with Strawberries, rounded spoonful of seeds added and plain yoghurt spooned over.
Snack. Few walnuts, hazlenuts, almonds (small handful)

Reactions: SWUSA_

b34 blues

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast I had Lizzies granola with low carb yogurt , lunch time nothing dinner fish and homemade chips with garden peas and snack watching the football twiglets and some dry roasted nuts

nlstudebaker

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: Greek yogurt with mixed berries and coffee with half and half
Lunch: roasted Red Pepper Soup, 1 1/2 meatball, no sugar added applesauce
Supper: pork tenderloin, cauliflower with cheese sauce, roasted asparagus
Snack: small cappuccino, 2 squares dark chocolate

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Breakfast: Great Grains Granola with 2% milk,1 cup coffee with 2% milk
Lunch: McDonald's $1.00 cheese burger, water, 4 pieces of french fry
Dinner: 2 eggs scrambled with 1 cup fresh spinach, a few onion slivers, and 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese, water
Snack: 1 Braeburn apple

Last edited:

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Breakfast: 1 packet Better Oats with flax brown sugar maple flavor, 1 cup coffee with 2 oz 2% milk
Lunch: Mazzio's salad bar (mixed greens, 4 small raw carrots, raw broccoli, 3 slices red onion, 1/8 sliced green olives, a few fried onions, a little cheddar cheese, buttermilk ranch dressing,1 hard boiled egg), unsweetened ice tea, 3 boneless chicken wings garlic Parmesan flavor
Dinner: 3 thickesh slices of Italian salami, 1 ounce cheddar cheese, 6 flatbread crackers (bite size), water
Snack: 1/8 cup roasted sunflower seeds, 1 Braeburn apple

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Breakfast: 1/2 cup Great Grains raisin, date, pecan granola, 1/2 cup 2% milk, 1 cup coffee
Lunch: 1 Chobani lemon yogurt with 1/8 c. sunflower seeds, water
Dinner: 5 oz baked cod, 3 squeezes lemon, 1/8 c. parsley (from the garden), 1 cup brussel sprouts with butter, 1/2 yellow summer squash boiled, water
Snack: 5 bite size flatbread crackers, 1 oz. cream cheese with diced bell pepper, onion and garlic

Today's menu @CherryAA

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Breakfast: 1/2 cup Great Grains raisin, date, pecan granola, 1/2 cup 2% milk, 1 cup coffee
Snack: 4 oz. Pork chop seasoned with paprika and lemon salt
Lunch: KFC 1 chicken thigh, 1/2 individual baked beans, 1/2 individual mashed potatoes and gravy, 1 biscuit, water and 1 one bite of chocolate chip cookie (too sweet!).
Dinner: Chopped Asian salad (chopped cabbage,parsley and kale with a few shreds of carrot) with Italian dressing, 1/4 c. sunflower seeds, 1/4 c. shredded cheese, 6 oz. 2% milk

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Breakfast: 1 packet Better Oats with flax brown sugar maple flavor, 1 cup coffee with 2 oz 2% milk
Lunch: 1 Braeburn apple sliced and 1 Tablespoon of peanut butter, bowl of vegetable beef soup
Snack: Salad-mixed green with 1/16 c. shredded cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup raw broccoli tops, 5 pecan halves, 10 dried cranberries, Italian dressing
Dinner: 2 oz hamburger meat, 1/2 whole wheat bun, mayo, mustard, lettuce, tomato, 2 raisin oatmeal cookies and 8 oz 2% milk, 5 raw baby carrots

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: SWUSA_

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fasting BG: 156 mg/dl or 8.6
Breakfast: 1 packet Better Oats with flax brown sugar maple flavor, 1 cup coffee with 2 oz 2% milk (24 carbs, 190 cal)
Snack: 1 cutie (small orange) (9 carb, 40 calories)
Lunch: 1/2 grilled cheddar cheese sandwich cooked in butter, 1 cup tomato soup, water (38 carbs, 340 cal)
PPD BG: 186 mg/dl or 10.3
Dinner: mixed green salad (1 carb, 5 cal) with Italian dressing ( 3 carb, 60 cal), 5 raw baby carrots (6 carb, 20 cal), 1/2 c. raw broccoli tops (2 carb, 10 cal), (1/16 c.) sprinkle of sunflower seeds (2 carb ,50 cal) and 1/8 c. grated cheddar cheese (0 carb, 55 cal). 1 Tablespoon chopped onion (1 carb, 4 cal).
[salad total: 15 carb, 204 calories]
Snack: 1/4 c. sunflower seeds (8 carb, 200 cal), 4 large strawberries (4 carb, 24 calories)
Day Totals: 98 carbs, 928 calories
PPD BG: 153 mg/dl or 8.5

Last edited:

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Yesterday:

B: bacon and eggs
S: Italian meats and cheese portions picked up from Sainsbury's
D: low carb Toad in the hole https://www.joeandsephs.co.uk/pouches/goats-cheese-black-pepper-popcorn - loving this recipe, didn't use coconut oil this time so tasted more like 'proper' TinH
S: 'Posh' popcorn https://www.joeandsephs.co.uk/pouches/goats-cheese-black-pepper-popcorn while at the cinema - small bags have 13g of carbs total

And FBG today on 5.4!
What is a low carb toad in the hole? We make a slice of bread with a hole in the center, fried with an egg in the hole.

D

Deleted member 308541

What is a low carb toad in the hole?
TitH is a beef or pork sausage laden batter pudding.

I suppose one of the forum recommended low carb flour alternatives are needed for the batter mix, to give it the legal name "Low Carb Toad in the Hole". :D

Deespee23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Toad in the hole is (British) sausages cooked in Yorkshire pudding batter - a British dish (never heard of it being found elsewhere...). Some American friends of mine were not amused when they found out what black pudding was.....:wideyed:.....after they'd eaten it!

PS Tipetoo beat me to it!

Last edited: