weight loss has stopped - ideas?

S

serenity648

I agree with Resurgam and that is what I suggested 4 weeks ago. Try it for a day or two and see how much better you feel. If it doesn't work for you you can always go back to more restrictive diet.:)

I did try it for a few days, then back to 1500 cals. Nothing happened. I read resurgam as saying to not go back to 1500 cals, but to keep my cals up long term?

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
I did try it for a few days, then back to 1500 cals. Nothing happened. I read resurgam as saying to not go back to 1500 cals, but to keep my cals up long term?

I will let Resurgam speak for herself but yes I think both of us think that you should stay at a little higher calories than you are now-so your body does not go into starvation mode again and so that you feel a little better-with more energy. When you said nothing happened do you mean that you did not start losing weight again or you did not feel any better on the few day trial of increased calories? When I say you can always go back to a more restricted diet I mean to emphasize that it is your choice to pick the lower calorie diet or one at 1800 to 2000. I go down to low as 800 calories for a few days sometimes but I stay at about 1200 to 1600 most days and this is adequate for me-but I am mostly sedentary now caring for an elderly relative fulltime. I ate much more at this weight when I was more active than now, in the past.

Last edited:
S

serenity648

I will let Resurgam speak for herself but yes I think both of us think that you should stay at a little higher calories than you are now-so your body does not go into starvation mode again and so that you feel a little better-with more energy. When you said nothing happened do you mean that you did not start losing weight again or you did not feel any better on the few day trial of increased calories? When I say you can always go back to a more restricted diet I mean to emphasize that it is your choice to pick the lower calorie diet or one at 1800 to 2000. I go down to low as 800 calories for a few days sometimes but I stay at about 1200 to 1600 most days and this is adequate for me-but I am mostly sedentary now caring for an elderly relative fulltime. I ate much more at this weight when I was more active than now, in the past.

I didnt lose any weight or gain energy.

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I didnt lose any weight or gain energy.

Okay, I feel more energy when I increase calories after a reduced calorie diet. I still have about 20 pounds to lose but am planning on doing it very slowly. Do you have depression also?
I ask because I take a small dose of maintenance antidepressant which helps me immensely.

S

serenity648

I have atypical depression and anxiety, which doesnt respond to drug therapy. So far my psychiatrist and I , over many years, have tried everything available to me. Its a ******. And most of my weight gain has been during times of trying new depression drugs, particularly seroxat (paxil peroxatine)

Reactions: SWUSA_

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I have atypical depression and anxiety, which doesnt respond to drug therapy. So far my psychiatrist and I , over many years, have tried everything available to me. Its a ******. And most of my weight gain has been during times of trying new depression drugs, particularly seroxat (paxil peroxatine)

Yes most of them have weight gain as a side effect. I am on 20mg of doxepin which can have weight gain and increased blood glucose as side effects but the benefits far out weigh any side effects for me. I also have temazepam PRN as needed for sleep. When I am not sleeping well even a very reduced calorie diet will not give me any weight loss.

I have to tell you too that serenity was my nickname for many years.

Be nice to yourself-allow yourself to like you at whatever weight you are at.

Last edited:

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello @serenity648 I have found that when my weight loss stops it is usually because I'm not drinking enough water. My weight maintained this week and I realised I had stopped drinking as much water. Just an idea