Countdown to Christmas

S

Sable_Jan

Do you have family at Christmas jam ..
I have sort of had my family away , Christmas weekend ..
Now it's just Christmas with tom ... still nice , it's cosy ..good tv .. I bought the tv mag today so will see what's on .. x
Eldest and family are coming up for 3 days, 21-23, Christmas Day with youngest & her family, his Mum & her friend, Boxing Day at my friends and not sure when I'm seeing son & his family yet...
Yes, you had a big early family Christmas at the end of last month didn't you...
Followed knitting pattern to letter (even tested tension) Xmas jumper am knitting needs be all undone. Sleeve to armhole should be 18"..... just finished increases and it measures 23" explains why yarn seems to be running out. The V seemed long too and boy is it... know it's a man's but almost to my belly button. Guess that's one Xmas present won't be ready....and all the hand and arm ache that's gone into it

M

mist

Eldest and family are coming up for 3 days, 21-23, Christmas Day with youngest & her family, his Mum & her friend, Boxing Day at my friends and not sure when I'm seeing son & his family yet...
Yes, you had a big early family Christmas at the end of last month didn't you...
Followed knitting pattern to letter (even tested tension) Xmas jumper am knitting needs be all undone. Sleeve to armhole should be 18"..... just finished increases and it measures 23" explains why yarn seems to be running out. The V seemed long too and boy is it... know it's a man's but almost to my belly button. Guess that's one Xmas present won't be ready....and all the hand and arm ache that's gone into it

You must knit faster **** it! :D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
We went to London yesterday, first of all to Covent Garden, then China town, Leicester Square and lastly the South bank, so Christmassy, will upload a few images later. It was a great day and we had a lovely meal at Strada's, but it was very busy, then the train home :) A chat, a laugh and a cuddle with my teen, then bed zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, it was a great end to a great day :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
1480766049195.jpg Covent Garden
1480782792066.jpg Southbank
1480782097850.jpg Southbank
Yesterday in London.

K

Kat100

You have a busy time jam at Christmas..you will enjoy it ..Christmas does not always have to be on the 25 ..
Yes I had an early family Christmas we went to Shakespeare land it was nice .. :) the county of my birth ..the bard ..
We stayed in a tiny cottage loved it , right by the river , so I could feed the ducks ..
My sister kit ! Didn't cook this year , we organised a pub lunch .. for 14 .. this now included sisters chiodren and their partners
Then back to my sisters for puddings lol I had taster portions , then kit with Kat wore Santa hats and gave gifts out ..
Everyone enjoyed that ..
a few tense moments to , but frailer parents one the carer and one with dementia ..seemed to enjoy it .. that's why we do it ..
I had to leave Christmas Day bags to .. I am all shopped out now .. but that was family Christmas ..
Now I just have the romantic Christmas with tom .. not sure to go with traditional main or not ..
All the treats are bought though .. x

Keep on knitting jam ;) @Sable_Jan

K

Kat100

We went to London yesterday, first of all to Covent Garden, then China town, Leicester Square and lastly the South bank, so Christmassy, will upload a few images later. It was a great day and we had a lovely meal at Strada's, but it was very busy, then the train home :) A chat, a laugh and a cuddle with my teen, then bed zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, it was a great end to a great day :)
Awww like this one :singing::singing::singing:

S

Sable_Jan

You have a busy time jam at Christmas..you will enjoy it ..Christmas does not always have to be on the 25 ..
Yes I had an early family Christmas we went to Shakespeare land it was nice .. :) the county of my birth ..the bard ..
We stayed in a tiny cottage loved it , right by the river , so I could feed the ducks ..
My sister kit ! Didn't cook this year , we organised a pub lunch .. for 14 .. this now included sisters chiodren and their partners
Then back to my sisters for puddings lol I had taster portions , then kit with Kat wore Santa hats and gave gifts out ..
Everyone enjoyed that ..
a few tense moments to , but frailer parents one the carer and one with dementia ..seemed to enjoy it .. that's why we do it ..
I had to leave Christmas Day bags to .. I am all shopped out now .. but that was family Christmas ..
Now I just have the romantic Christmas with tom .. not sure to go with traditional main or not ..
All the treats are bought though .. x

Keep on knitting jam ;) @Sable_Jan
Sounds lovely.... traditional main I'm assuming is NOT turkey in your household......
I've undone all and balled it up ready for next attempt. It's a more fitted one so need to take measurements...tomorrow night now. Should grow faster than previous pattern.....so fingers crossed

Reactions: Robinredbreast
K

Kat100

Sounds lovely.... traditional main I'm assuming is NOT turkey in your household......
I've undone all and balled it up ready for next attempt. It's a more fitted one so need to take measurements...tomorrow night now. Should grow faster than previous pattern.....so fingers crossed
Not for me jam ...
But I love all,the trimmings ..
Tom is not veggie though :)
I was just thinking .. traditional or something else ..
lots on the tv to watch .. do I want to be busy in the kitchen lol x

D

Deleted member 308541

Put my usual xmas tree up on top of the crunching box on my computer bench.

Some extra poppies and a new daffodil as a star.

gqmU32l.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Put my usual xmas tree up on top of the crunching box on my computer bench.

Some extra poppies and a new daffodil as a star.

gqmU32l.jpg

Lovely tree. We bought new baubles this year and my teenager liked a clip on rose, so that is at the top of the tree. I love the Christmas tree's. I would have it up all the year if I could lol.

D

Deleted member 308541

I love the Christmas tree's. I would have it up all the year if I could lol.
The tree goes back in it's bag on new years day, and put away in the cupboard for another year.

I save bits of tinsel that would have ended up in the bin at the bowls club from their decorations. Plus the poppies which we get twice a year here on Anzac day and Remembrance Day. THey will get put on next xmas.

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
Cannot face putting up the full size tree this year - brought just a little one about 18 inches high - don't think it will hold any lights etc. so I have decided to hang a few of my special baubles on ribbon from the curtain pole so they can hand in the window but won't put them up until around 12th December. Reason for this is that this is the first ever Christmas that I am going to be on my own, also last year although not completely alone, my mother passed away just before Christmas and I am finding it all a little bit hard this year to find the joy!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cannot face putting up the full size tree this year - brought just a little one about 18 inches high - don't think it will hold any lights etc. so I have decided to hang a few of my special baubles on ribbon from the curtain pole so they can hand in the window but won't put them up until around 12th December. Reason for this is that this is the first ever Christmas that I am going to be on my own, also last year although not completely alone, my mother passed away just before Christmas and I am finding it all a little bit hard this year to find the joy!

Aaww bless you, it can be a sad time for so many, so sending a virtual hug, take care X
3-cute-animal-hugs-4-6-7-8-9-3-2-5-4-2-3-7-5-4-1.png

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
srobertson06 that sounds lovely, you probably don't have the space for any more anyway. \I think a nice thing would be if we all take a moment on a certain day to have a warm thought for everyone who will be alone... maybe have a sip of something too. Would you like to suggest the day and the time?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

If we loved nearer to one another I would of invited you to join us at Christmas X