Countdown to Christmas

K

Kat100

Cannot face putting up the full size tree this year - brought just a little one about 18 inches high - don't think it will hold any lights etc. so I have decided to hang a few of my special baubles on ribbon from the curtain pole so they can hand in the window but won't put them up until around 12th December. Reason for this is that this is the first ever Christmas that I am going to be on my own, also last year although not completely alone, my mother passed away just before Christmas and I am finding it all a little bit hard this year to find the joy!
Sorry to hear this , hugs from me to x
I am glad you bought your tree though ..
You can get some lovely dainty lights , battery operated ..
don't force the joy , do what you want , Christmas is not jolly for all , we all appreciate that ..
Meanwhile hope you enjoy the countdown with us ..
And find a way of getting through this time of year x

K

Kat100

The tree goes back in it's bag on new years day, and put away in the cupboard for another year.

I save bits of tinsel that would have ended up in the bin at the bowls club from their decorations. Plus the poppies which we get twice a year here on Anzac day and Remembrance Day. THey will get put on next xmas.
Your tree is very creative and thoughtful x

S

Sable_Jan

Cannot face putting up the full size tree this year - brought just a little one about 18 inches high - don't think it will hold any lights etc. so I have decided to hang a few of my special baubles on ribbon from the curtain pole so they can hand in the window but won't put them up until around 12th December. Reason for this is that this is the first ever Christmas that I am going to be on my own, also last year although not completely alone, my mother passed away just before Christmas and I am finding it all a little bit hard this year to find the joy!
Think of it of a time to celebrate your Mother's life and the Christmases she gave you and all the pleasant memories.... maybe you could look out some photographs too?

Reactions: Clivethedrive

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
Thank you all for taking the time to reply. As for a day and time to think of those we no longer have around us how about the 12th December and whenever you have a few minutes in the day, not too close to Christmas to spoil the day. If you want to raise a glass of something then please do I am one of those people who has an allergic reaction to alcohol so mine might have to be an alcohol free beer!

I have decided that Christmas day will be spent giving my bedroom a really good clean and a good clear out - I hope to start the new year having cleared out all the clothes that thankfully no longer fit because they are too big (the result of losing 4 stone). Then perhaps a bit of a re-arrange of the room and that should take care of most of the day so that I can sit and relax during the evening and I am sure a few phone calls from friends and family.
Then Boxing Day will be my Christmas Day when I have my son and his girlfriend for the day and will exchange presents and have the Christmas lunch, as someone else has said Christmas does not have to be held on the day.

I did consider volunteering on Christmas Day but decided for this year it was not the best option for me, maybe other years if I find myself on my own in future.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I love this tune, full of cosiness, peace and love

:joyful:

Reactions: Sable_Jan
S

Sable_Jan

Thank you all for taking the time to reply. As for a day and time to think of those we no longer have around us how about the 12th December and whenever you have a few minutes in the day, not too close to Christmas to spoil the day. If you want to raise a glass of something then please do I am one of those people who has an allergic reaction to alcohol so mine might have to be an alcohol free beer!

I have decided that Christmas day will be spent giving my bedroom a really good clean and a good clear out - I hope to start the new year having cleared out all the clothes that thankfully no longer fit because they are too big (the result of losing 4 stone). Then perhaps a bit of a re-arrange of the room and that should take care of most of the day so that I can sit and relax during the evening and I am sure a few phone calls from friends and family.
Then Boxing Day will be my Christmas Day when I have my son and his girlfriend for the day and will exchange presents and have the Christmas lunch, as someone else has said Christmas does not have to be held on the day.

I did consider volunteering on Christmas Day but decided for this year it was not the best option for me, maybe other years if I find myself on my own in future.
What a lovely idea. I imagine there's all sorts of volunteering you could do on Christmas day.....but in your own time (as in when you're ready)
Nice that you will be having your Christmas day on Boxing Day. @Kat100 had hers last week of November..... my friend and I have ours early as we can't be together Christmas Day...

K

Kat100

What a lovely idea. I imagine there's all sorts of volunteering you could do on Christmas day.....but in your own time (as in when you're ready)
Nice that you will be having your Christmas day on Boxing Day. @Kat100 had hers last week of November..... my friend and I have ours early as we can't be together Christmas Day...

Hello @srobertson06 and @Sable_Jan that's right Christmas does not just mean the 25th ..
it can be whenever you want it to be :)
On Christmas Eve I spend a bit of money in the shops , not lots , then I look in the bags on Christmas Day ..
Sometimes it's paper backs and anything else I fancy on Christmas Eve ..I spend for me .. :)
If I was alone I would still do this , I would actually give my self treats on Christmas Day ..

Then look forward to Boxing Day .. as you are both having company ..
It's a strange one Christmas Day ..
People who we think need company often want the day alone .. to cope ..
others need company and yes volunteer for something is a good idea , for some this is great .. others can find it a bit to much ..
Me .. I am a Christmas Day walk and tv person .. it's a day ..
I hope you both get through Christmas Day the way you both want to ...

For years I missed out on my sisters children on Christmas Day .. working , family plans , weather , distance etc etc
So November works :) and now they are not children anymore they have partners so after a four hour journey back home in November I am pretty exhausted and just look forward to a relaxing day .. that 25th
I am already planning what to watch x

We are here for all .. just chat as much as you want to @srobertson06 you are not alone here ..
And jam those doggies are going to have a great Christmas Day x

S

Sable_Jan

Christmas Day will be a busy one for me. Up and feeding the woofters and giving them their presents. Off out for early afternoon dinner with my youngest but at her Mum-in-laws cos there will her other half's family too and house is bigger....then back again in time for dogs teas

Reactions: Robinredbreast
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I'll just have to like your post. My phone says video not available

It's Bing Crosby, I'm dreaming of a White Christmas

winter001.jpg

S

Sable_Jan

It's Bing Crosby, I'm dreaming of a White Christmas

winter001.jpg
Thanks RRB. Yes, I love that sing too. Got the film on DVD last year....wasn't the one I thought though would have to watch it again to remember now....must dig it out. Most Xmas ones are on kiddies bookcase but left the adult Ines in my room....somewhere

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
worl-chihuahua.jpg
Merry Christmas Everyone!