Type 2
FASTING(12HRS) OR NOT FASTING.
PLEASE STATE FASTING(HOW LONG) NON FASTING
CHECK YOUR SUGAR LEVELS
CONSUME ORIGINAL LUCOZADE
CHECK SUGAR LEVEL
DO NOT CONSUME ANYTHING OTHER THAN WATER

2HRS CHECK SUGAR LEVELS
THE GOAL HERE IS TO TEST, CHECK RESULTS AND COMPARE TO HELP EACH OTHER AND BE BETTER INFORMED WHERE WE STAND AND IMPROVE AND NOT GET TO A POINT WERE OUR LEGS ARE GOING TO BE CUT OFF DUE TO NERVE DAMAGE, KIDNEY FAILURE. HEART ATTACK, STROKE BECAUSE OF HIGH BLOOD SUGAR.
WE CAN ADD OUR WEIGHT AND FITNESS LEVELS LATER

WOULD EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM CONSIDER TAKING THIS TEST SO WE CAN COMPARE OUR RESULTS
THANK YOU

Last edited:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi, which type of glucose tolerance test have you had?
A two hour one, or a prolonged?
A fasting or non fasting?
Why was the test done?

Sorry for the questions, but information can be distorted by which test you are talking about. And what you are looking for.
I have had quite a few, and you would not get the information off my tests to understand the need to diagnose your test as the same as mine.

Welcome to the forum and I've tagged @daisy1 to welcome you to the forum.
It is great information!

ALPHA2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Fasting, we can all agree at a later date how long we should fast before the first reading.
If you want to do a fasting test 12hrs that includes a night sleep.
I want to see numbers so we can compare each other test results. STATE THE METER YOU USED TO TAKE THE TEST ACCU CHECK FOR EXAMPLE.
LETS MAKE IT A GAME WE COULD INCLUDE WEIGHT AND FITNESS LEVELS AT A LATER DATE
Daisy you claim your not Diabetic just do the test and lets check your results with others

D

Deleted member 308541

There is something the matter with your caps lock key, there is app to fix this in Windows it's called MapKeyboard.

All caps is very hard to read and some call it shouting, but I have one question that I did manage what is this Lucozade you mention?

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Complications aren't caused by doing more badly in a GTT than someone else. It's the ongoing high sugars that can cause damage over time.

Your knowledge should have been supplied by your HbA1C test or the GTT your doctor did.

Drinking Lucozade at home isn't a controlled test. If you have concerns about your diagnosis, then it would be best to speak to your doctor.

ALPHA2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
There is something the matter with your caps lock key, there is app to fix this in Windows it's called MapKeyboard.

All caps is very hard to read and some call it shouting, but I have one question that I did manage what is this Lucozade you mention?
A SOFT DRINK GO TO SWEET SHOP IT WILL BE THERE. YOU CAN TRY PEPSI OR COLA BUT MENTION THE SIZE OF THE BOTTLE. DRINK THE WHOLE BOTTLE OR CAN SO WE CAN TEST EACH OTHER IN CONTROLLED CONDITONS AND COMPARE

ALPHA2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Complications aren't caused by doing more badly in a GTT than someone else. It's the ongoing high sugars that can cause damage over time.

Your knowledge should have been supplied by your HbA1C test or the GTT your doctor did.

Drinking Lucozade at home isn't a controlled test. If you have concerns about your diagnosis, then it would be best to speak to your doctor.
IT IS IF YOU DON'T DRINK ANYTHING ELSE OTHER THAN WATER AND EVERYONE DOES THE SAME. I WANT NUMBERS NOT CHAT.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
No, it's not.

Asking people diagnosed with diabetes to do a home-made GTT to....see if they have diabetes is unnecessary. As I said above, it's not the initial high number that indicates your risk of complications, it's the ongoing glucose levels.

This thread is now locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.