JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Ignorance is not bliss a further check may have put your mind at ease or may have given information requiring action something to remember in future but as is all's well that ends well and I am glad you are now back to normal.

Reactions: Bergkamp777

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Especially after washing your hands to remove any sugar contamination from previous food.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
To be fair @Bergkamp777 you did ask what should you do if you didn't want to know or act on it why ask for advice yes as mahola says it's your prerogative and I accept that. End of over and out.

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
Its xmas does it really matter? Everyone is making it sound so dramatic!

Reactions: Bergkamp777

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Its xmas does it really matter? Everyone is making it sound so dramatic!

I can eat a mince pie, and get that sort of reading.
But if I wash the sugar off my fingers, and retest, I'm normally back in the normal range, so yes, it's worth mentioning washing your hands and retesting every time.

Scouser58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hello Bergkamp777,,,and all reading in,,,,yes high readings are the worst to happen any day,,,and this season time is th pits,,not having anything extra nice is lonely to say the least,,,so your very high reading is the one off,,,and glad to read it has gone down again,,,,mine have been around their usual levels,,,,and the Invokana,,does it job,,and peeing out any extra carbs is testing to say the least,,,but it is doing its job,,,and with all the rest of the meds I take,,I am trying my best to survive the time of year,,,,maybe you need to have your gp check you are having enough meds to keep you on the right track,,,,have a good time for the rest of the silly season,,,and as everybody has said drink plenty of fluids and walk about,,,and celebrate happily with friends and family,,,,ttfn from Karen.