Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
I just got back from my post Christmas weigh in, I put on 3 lbs but I'm still in the healthy weight range so I'm happy

Reactions: Prem51

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not Friday, but I get weighed on Wednesday. My pre-diabetes chappies scales today showed 85.2kg, We checked twice. Tis mans I've gone for 88.6 to 85.2 in 14 days!! 3.4 kgs. I've done loads more exercise and had treats, but didn't go mad. A bit bonkers.:wacky:that I've lost so much. Maybe a glitch?

@SWUSA_ My mum's scales show me at 85.9, so there's a discrepancy of .7 kg? Goodness knows which is right. I've managed to get the Bluetooth running, and they show me all sorts of useful detail Body fat, hydration etc, and as it goes to my phone I can read it very easily. I'll keep you posted as I go.....

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm keen for friday to come but may be disappointed as water retention is still very obvious.
I'll book to see gp next week but an afternoon appointment as its more obvious then.
Fingers crossed I get a loss.

Reactions: Liam1955

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
Wandered into bathroom wondering what day it was, so weighed myself - now 233lb, still going down.
What is even better is that my droopy belly is no longer so droopy as it was.
I was just noticing that myself-and wondered if it was polite to mention it. Thanks for saying it.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have two pairs-trifocals for work use and prescription sunglasses for driving. I still can't read it-all those little black lines just blur together-I have an astigmatism in each eye as well as being near sighted. I should have paid a little more for a digital read out scale. I am sometimes frugal to a fault.

Should you decide to reinvest in scales, you could choose some that hold the reading for a few minutes after the do the reading - even if you have stepped off the scale.

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
Should you decide to reinvest in scales, you could choose some that hold the reading for a few minutes after the do the reading - even if you have stepped off the scale.
Yes, I am planning to go digital eventually-I just bought the least expensive pair I could find and am finding them inadequate. I probably will continue to weigh weekly at the gym between 3 month check in's at the doctor's office for a while though. It's free and their scale is much more sophisticated than I can justify at this point. ( My body fat % is slowly changing also!)I went many years only weighing at the doctors office when required to do so for medication adjustment. I plan no unnecessary expenses until we clear credit cards after Christmas.
Oh, I just realized you thought I could not see the numbers because my belly was too big-no this is a vision issue and the little black lines of the analog scale do not work well with my near sightedness and astigmatism. The lines blur together for me-so it is hard to tell 182 from 187-although I can see that the indicator which is red is nearer or farther away from 180.
:)Thank you for weighing in on scales though-which brand do you recommend? Where do you even buy scales-I found these at Walmart but obviously not a good place to shop for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: callyandy

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, I am planning to go digital eventually-I just bought the least expensive pair I could find and am finding them inadequate. I probably will continue to weigh weekly at the gym between 3 month check in's at the doctor's office for a while though. It's free and their scale is much more sophisticated than I can justify at this point. ( My body fat % is slowly changing also!)I went many years only weighing at the doctors office when required to do so for medication adjustment. I plan no unnecessary expenses until we clear credit cards after Christmas.
Oh, I just realized you thought I could not see the numbers because my belly was too big-no this is a vision issue and the little black lines of the analog scale do not work well with my near sightedness and astigmatism. The lines blur together for me-so it is hard to tell 182 from 187-although I can see that the indicator which is red is nearer or farther away from 180.
:)Thank you for weighing in on scales though-which brand do you recommend? Where do you even buy scales-I found these at Walmart but obviously not a good place to shop for them.

I hadn't made any judgement about your tummy. I just meant that you when you step off the scale you can get closer to the reading, or whatever you require.

On the scale I have, I can actually hold the display in my hand whilst I weight myself if I want to, and for some of it's functionality, I need to hold the hand grasps. It's this one:

https://www.omron-healthcare.com/en-gb/products/weightmanagement#

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning , 153 last week and 150.4 this week! I know it's small but it's a 2.6 lbs loss! Smashing! I don't mind small losses I just like to keep heading down! I'm happy :)

Reactions: Prem51 and jonbvn

jonbvn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
105.2 kg this morning. Down 28.8kg from 134 kg at beginning of September.

Happy that I managed to lose a small amount over the festive period.

Keep on keeping on!

AnnJohnston

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done everyone that's lost. I weighed myself this morning for the first time since 25th Nov and I've gained 9lbs. I'm starting low carb from today though so hoping better diet and less insulin means I'll start getting it back off. I want to lose 3 stone so I've got a challenge in front of me. I did it before though and I'm determined to do it again.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
83 kg ( 182 Pounds ) again :greedy::hungover::cool: how is that possible on about 90 grams of carbs a day and about 1100 calories on average in this last week... hmmmmf

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
6/1 - Good Morning. Remain the same as last week at 13 stone 4 lbs (for the last month).
Well Done to those who have lost weight.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@Liam1955 Stability can be a good thing don't fret it your weight will come down when it's ready.

For me this morning I am back down to 11 St 0 Lb and 8 0z going up and down on a daily basis.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks @JohnEGreen :). I have 2 Consultants, 1 GP and a Diabetic Nurse constantly reminding me that at 5ft 8ins tall I should be 11stone 4 lbs and I am 2 stone 'overweight'! I feel at times like telling them to look into a mirror, before they criticise me.:)

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Liam1955 I think you've done really well not to put weight on over Christmas.:) And.. You haven't been able to move easily beacause of pain. I think that makes you a winner!

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning , 153 last week and 150.4 this week! I know it's small but it's a 2.6 lbs loss! Smashing! I don't mind small losses I just like to keep heading down! I'm happy :)

Well Done @mo53 - You are doing it right, losing the weight slowly.:) And Thank You for the kind words of encouragement. Although, I am still in shock from my HBA1C result I got yesterday.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
83 kg ( 182 Pounds ) again :greedy::hungover::cool: how is that possible on about 90 grams of carbs a day and about 1100 calories on average in this last week... hmmmmf
I know. I wish I understood weight loss as well as I do diabetes and thyroid, oh and pcos. :(
New challenge, new year?

Reactions: Liam1955