Weekly weigh in - Fridays

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done everyone that's lost. I weighed myself this morning for the first time since 25th Nov and I've gained 9lbs. I'm starting low carb from today though so hoping better diet and less insulin means I'll start getting it back off. I want to lose 3 stone so I've got a challenge in front of me. I did it before though and I'm determined to do it again.
LCHF rocks, I've still got a couple of stones to go, but I feel more confident now I've seen how the diet affects me. You'll get there. Good luck.:)

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
83 kg ( 182 Pounds ) again :greedy::hungover::cool: how is that possible on about 90 grams of carbs a day and about 1100 calories on average in this last week... hmmmmf
I always blame water retention or a heavy belt/pair of socks. Maybe even the wiring in my bra:rolleyes:. Don't panic, just a blip. Next week, onwards and downwards.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can i join in? I weigh myself daily but look at the average trend of loss using the happy scales app. I am just restarting dieting and need some help sticking at it.

I started trying to lose weight 1 Jan 2016 and stuck at it till October/November 2016, losing 4 stone. I gained a stone back with a few stressful months off and have now restarted losing weight. My next goal is to get under 14st7 which is the lowest i had got to, but next main goal is 13st2 where i stop being obese and become overweight.

1 Jan 2016 18st7
1 Jan 2017 15st7
Today 15st2.5

Lost 4.5 pounds this week.
Welcome :)

Reactions: Liam1955

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If I had an overweight problem I would live on a starvation protein diet. but im the opposite im struggling to gain.
Hello, you're problem might be different form mine, but I can appreciate how worrying it must be. There are sites around with peeps who have lots of tips and hints. Keep reading and posting. :)

Reactions: Liam1955

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Welcome @edan :) to our little group, hopefully it will get much bigger as more members discover the Thread!
You have done really well with your weight loss so far = Well Done :).

Reactions: callyandy

rainbow79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Weighed yesterday forgot to post, 8st 13.6 so a loss of a pound so lost what I put on over Christmas, so happy :) will see if I will loose anymore or stabilise and maintain, don't want to loose much more.

edan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Thankyou for the welcomes. I am having a day off my diet / calorie counting today, you don't need to know what i've eaten!! It is only one relaxed day though and tomorrow i'll be back on the calorie counting. I have planned my dinners for the week too, quick and easy dinners to get me started. I'm not a fan of cooking! Hopefully i'll build my walks with the dog back up to an hour too as they've shortened over christmas.

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
Can i join in? I weigh myself daily but look at the average trend of loss using the happy scales app. I am just restarting dieting and need some help sticking at it.

I started trying to lose weight 1 Jan 2016 and stuck at it till October/November 2016, losing 4 stone. I gained a stone back with a few stressful months off and have now restarted losing weight. My next goal is to get under 14st7 which is the lowest i had got to, but next main goal is 13st2 where i stop being obese and become overweight.

1 Jan 2016 18st7
1 Jan 2017 15st7
Today 15st2.5

Lost 4.5 pounds this week.
Yes, please join us. We record our weights once a week here. Welcome!

Reactions: Liam1955 and Freema

rainbow79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I always weigh myself naked and at the same time every week so I get the most accurate reading. I also place my scales in the same spot the night before so they can settle.

Remember, underwire bras were invented by a guy who never subjected himself to that torture. And he is still laughing in his grave.

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
I have foregone the weigh in's over the last 3 weeks, I had not lost any weight prior to Christmas and decided to give myself a little time off, I do need to get back to regular weigh in's but I also need to get my eating back on track - it is getting there but although I did allow myself a few small carb treats over Christmas it is taking longer to break the cravings for the carbs than I expected, but now back at work and that is certainly helping. So I will be back on the scales on Sunday as my regular weigh in day of the week - so I will post the outcome then.

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
Wow, this thread was hard to find today-I swear I put it on my watch list but it took 10 minutes of searching to find it. It apparently has been edited heavily and sent down the wormhole because stuff is missing.

My first weight today at home with the blurry numbers looks like: dead on 180 lbs.

I will check this at the gym later today. I think the gym scale reads 2 pounds heavier than mine.
I am reserving judgement on this number until confirmed with another scale. 180 is the number I have an emotional attachment to. I find it difficult to let myself go below this number for some unexplained reason.

The gym scale says 183. I will go with that for now. I felt happier when I saw 183.
13 stone 1 pound in translation. We will see what the week brings.

Last edited:

elleyouer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Me and the missus signed up to Slimming World this evening. I'm T2 and have been trying to maintain a LCHF diet for some time now but its been quite a job getting my wife to understand how it works so inevitably I just eat what she cooks to keep the peace. This has resulted in some off-the-scale daily readings, a severely high HbA1c and also the corresponding sore fingers and toes. I've been reading elsewhere on here that SW and LCHF don't mix well but after reading all the bumpf I was given tonite I think I can make it work to my advantage so my starting weight for the purpose of tracking my hoped-for future loss and improving my BG control is 14st 11lb.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
I weighed myself this morning and thanks to strictly low carbing I've lost 2 lbs since last week! My new weight is 11 stone 1 :)

ETA: thank you autocorrect, I wanted to say low carbing, not low carving!

Reactions: Trescoe1975

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Me and the missus signed up to Slimming World this evening. I'm T2 and have been trying to maintain a LCHF diet for some time now but its been quite a job getting my wife to understand how it works so inevitably I just eat what she cooks to keep the peace. This has resulted in some off-the-scale daily readings, a severely high HbA1c and also the corresponding sore fingers and toes. I've been reading elsewhere on here that SW and LCHF don't mix well but after reading all the bumpf I was given tonite I think I can make it work to my advantage so my starting weight for the purpose of tracking my hoped-for future loss and improving my BG control is 14st 11lb.
Goodluck, I have a feeling you're going to be successful at controlling your diet. I've found a degree of stubbornness helps!!:D

Reactions: Liam1955 and SWUSA_