HbA1c

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Well done!

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done particularly as that would have included Christmas. I had my blood taken today so on tender hooks for the results.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

psignathus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
NICE guidelines in reference to nutrition
Good effort.....mines due but I'm giving it another month as I have a sneaking suspicion all the crimbo booze will have pushed up my triglycerides.

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had result of review yesterday HbA1c was 39 so pleased with that.:)

But DN didn't do full panel so in the dark on anything else though uric acid was normal so not got gout.:)

h
@JohnEGreen, congratulations:)

I don't mean to sound like a pessimist or a party popper... But it's important to remember that diabetes is only ever reversed by the correctly adapted diet, exercise and/or diet and exercise - permanently...

Personally speaking (in my own mind set) there is no reversal - simply, well controlled diabetes.

Please do not think that I'm raining on your parade @JohnEGreen, but I'm under the impression that a reversal of T2D means that one can revert to an NHS endorsed. grossly high carbohydrate based diet without BG spikes, etc...

I think what you have is extremely well controlled T2. And you should be very proud at that:) But always remember that if you forget your diabetes history that you will no doubt end up with a higher HbA1c.

39 by the way, absolutely fantastic result:)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Thanks all.

@GrantGam1337 I agree that we are probably never truly free of diabetes so my aim is to maintain the level of control I have as long as is possible.

Not withstanding that 7 pm yesterday small battered cod,chips,mushy peas and curry sauce 10 pm BG = 4.4

not bad

Last edited:

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
If I was to hurt my thumb when hammering in nails, I'd consider it fixed if it stopped hurting and it was working normally again - I would not hit it again just to see if it mended again.
I might even use more screws.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
If I was to hurt my thumb when hammering in nails, I'd consider it fixed if it stopped hurting and it was working normally again - I would not hit it again just to see if it mended again.
I might even use more screws.
I have in the past cut my self with a screw driver.
never intentionally however.

If I hit myself with a hammer I know it;s going to hurt every time the only way to find out if I can now tolerate more carbs is to try it and test.

Not an experiment I intend to rerun though, because I can tolerate more carbs now doesn't mean I want to I prefer to stay healthy, well as healthy as is possible anyway.

Reactions: Prem51