What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Thyroiddiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning fellow diabetics.
6.3 530 am.
Not doing well this year.I thought I had reversed it sufficiently to have a lot of carbs over Christmas and Jan I was wrong as I do every year put on 3 kg.Eyesight a bit blurry not major though bit of pain in the leg.Still down 23 kg from 9 years ago aiming for 74 kg.
Just have to finish up some music work Tuesday.Then quitting coffee seems it's causing a bigger b.s. problem than I thought and going to lower carbs.Been watching the great Dr Bernstein for advice.
Being in the music industry is tough if you diabetic.I also think my generic metformin is a bit ******.

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well to be honest that's slightly higher than normal am incrementing up to try and stabilise at present weight though doctor thinks I am sightly overweight still he is wrong of course. Weighed me with all my gear on and my coat as well LoL

Also have been doing it so long now it's hard to stop.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well to be honest that's slightly higher than normal am incrementing up to try and stabilise at present weight though doctor thinks I am sightly overweight still he is wrong of course. Weighed me with all my gear on and my coat as well LoL

Also have been doing it so long now it's hard to stop.

I can be dangerous if one get a serious illness , then it is better to have 4-5 kg extra fat .... people that do hunger-strikes do die when their last gram of fat is close to being used... so a little extra fat is good when we enter the last half part of life...

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
My options where very limited so the solution was some what drastic.That's why I would not recommend others taking the same action as a matter of course. It like taking steroids indefinitely, was a matter of kill or cure.

Reactions: Liam1955