Breakfast problem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
I expirience some problems with my breakfast. It doesn't matter what I eat I will be tired.
I tried a lot combination or only one of these: less carbs, more protein, fruits or vegs. In the end I will be less or more tired.
That happens only with the first meal on the day. Usually I have a fastening period of 12 up to 14 hours.
I did not get any expalnation about it from my GP.

Has anyone an idea or experience with this strange phenomenon? BTW, I am a DT2.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There is a point where you get really hungry and you have to eat something. I cannot skip this point. Sometime I get my first meal at midday or 1 pm. Maybe you could call this "skip" breakfast. It isn't a matter of real time on the clock.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There is a point where you get really hungry and you have to eat something. I cannot skip this point. Sometime I get my first meal at midday or 1 pm. Maybe you could call this "skip" breakfast. It isn't a matter of real time on the clock.
and do you still get the tiredness after eating at midday? what do you eat ?

Sea view

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,
I am DT2 since 2000 and in my early years I had same problem but now I love my breakfast and I eat boiled vegetables,free range egg, and multiseeded sliced of brown bread. In first 5 years I started dropping weight and any thing I eat I will have a sudden sleep attack.
Here is the seceret,
Get one table spoon dried organic thyme in boiled water and let it infused. You can take pint of water.
When water turned in green colour than add dried ginger powder and half lemon or lime.
Drink it in one go wait fifteen minutes and than try to eat high finer boiled vegetables, and half slice of brown seeded bread.
Try for a month and go for a walk even if you feel tired.
Believe me this remedy will work.
I am so so healthy because I believe my diabetes " Cured my Diabetes "
My GP is surprised that how I have reversed my diabetes by 99.99% and my results are same for last 8 years.
I truly pray for all people who are suffering due to poor control.
Ash

I expirience some problems with my breakfast. It doesn't matter what I eat I will be tired.
I tried a lot combination or only one of these: less carbs, more protein, fruits or vegs. In the end I will be less or more tired.
That happens only with the first meal on the day. Usually I have a fastening period of 12 up to 14 hours.

Hi

Hi

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm a bit confused with what you are experiencing. Does eating breakfast actually make you tired?
Can you monitor your blood glucose levels before and after breakfast and other meals?
What time of day, if any, do you not feel tired?
When hunger kicks in and you eat, do you feel tired again?
If you could be a little more specific, I'm sure you'll soon receive some helpful suggestions.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As I desribed, I tried any combination of food. I ate only protein, I am tired. I ate a few carbs with protein, I am tired and so on.
It doesn't matter wich time I eat my first meal after sleeping. I always try to have a long break between the last meal in the evening and the next day first meal.
Maybe the only difference which I monitored was a warm cooked meal from vegs and protein. But for practicable reasons I cannot cook it every day, and I don't like every day a warm meal at first.
In genral, it has no effect on my blood sugar level at all in comparison to my other meals.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm a bit confused with what you are experiencing. Does eating breakfast actually make you tired?
Can you monitor your blood glucose levels before and after breakfast and other meals?
What time of day, if any, do you not feel tired?
When hunger kicks in and you eat, do you feel tired again?
If you could be a little more specific, I'm sure you'll soon receive some helpful suggestions.

It is only the first meal. When I eat later the effect doesn't appear anymore.

kittypoker

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Nonsense. You should go to the doc right away with your problem. It's fictional, mental, or something these very experienced members can't identify. It needs to be tracked down.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Anything with carbs or too much protein makes me hungry in the morning. Have you tried high fat low carb and protein? Half an avocado with celery holds me for hours. Nuts can create cravings if eaten too early for me but mostly a high fat bf helps. Many do bullet proof coffee. Coffee with butter, coconut oil, heavy cram and find great results. I like my avocado. Same concept. Maybe experiment with just fat first thing. Carbs always make me sleepy especially in the morning. Protein too. I save those for latter in the day

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you test your bs at these times? - can you give us more specific info such as your numbers when you test - when you test- what exactly you have eaten rather than saying protein, veg etc - there are carbs hidden everywhere so you may be eating more than you think, how long does the tiredness last. The more detail you give the more chance someone here can help you :)

M

ME_Valentijn

Are you dehydrated at all in the morning? Digesting food requires blood to be re-routed to the area near the gut for the absorption of nutrients, and that may result in a bit less blood getting to the brain and wanting to lie down for a while. If your blood volume is a bit low to start with, such as due to not drinking all night or in the morning, it might have a noticeable impact when eating.

stephenbeale

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Other

I used to feel awful when I had dairy in the mornings. As another poster wrote, dehydration might be the problem. Have you also tried having tea with coconut oil after eating breakfast? I find it helps my digestion kick into gear. Good luck!