Tee2 glucose meter

DevonVee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just received a new meter Tee2 from Spirit healthcare
The meter was free and came with 10 strips lancet and pouch.
50 strips were only £7.99
No postage and vat free if you fill in box.
Looking forward to saving money on strips. Hopefully reasonably accurate.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
As these are new on the market, perhaps you could let us know how you go on with them?

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Got mine a few days ago - seems good. It reads a little lower (0.2?) than the SD Codefree. The strips need less blood than the SD and I have found I could turn my finger pricker down a notch. The pricker device looks almost exactly the same as the SD one but doesn't eject the used lancets and seems to hurt more than the SD one. The meter is basic but very good and free which is surprising when the strips are a reasonable price.

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Bluetit1802 I am trialing one alongside the SD Codefree and Accu chek mobile.

It reads just below the SD a sto make little difference. I find the Accu chek 'under reports' Vs the other two

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Bluetit1802 I am trialing one alongside the SD Codefree and Accu chek mobile.

It reads just below the SD a sto make little difference. I find the Accu chek 'under reports' Vs the other two

Thanks. I also find the Accu Chek "flattering" and a good booster to my mood! I am using it exclusively at the moment as I was so fed up with a particularly erratic batch of Codefree tubs. (batch no. ending 76) I still do comparisons and now have a different batch of Codefree, so I'll see what happens there.

connie104

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I received my Tee 2 a couple of days ago and I am finding the Tee2 is reading higher than my code free. I'm getting 5.8 this morning with code free and 6.7 with the Tee 2 . I have used the correlation fluid and it's reading 7.1 on the Tee2 which is in quoted range .
I was just on the verge of buying the Accu check mobile when someone suggested the Tee2 so now deciding what to do !

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I received my Tee 2 a couple of days ago and I am finding the Tee2 is reading higher than my code free. I'm getting 5.8 this morning with code free and 6.7 with the Tee 2 . I have used the correlation fluid and it's reading 7.1 on the Tee2 which is in quoted range .
I was just on the verge of buying the Accu check mobile when someone suggested the Tee2 so now deciding what to do !

If you are quick and want an AC Mobile you can apply via the Roche AC website for a free meter kit. Beware though, the replacement cassettes are very expensive. And I mean gobsmackingly expensive, even from eBay. However, they are worth a bit extra because the meter and cassettes are very convenient, no separate tubs of strips to fiddle with. The strips are inside the cassettes so you never see or handle them.

connie104

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for info I will have a look I thought you only got them free if you were type 1 ?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for info I will have a look I thought you only got them free if you were type 1 ?

Nope, as long as you don't already have one and state you are on diabetes tablets or insulin you will get one. I lost out on both those counts.:arghh:

Reactions: connie104

75Bedford

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have both Codefree SD and Tee2 and find they both read high and give odd readings so have gone back to the Dario, even though thats a lot more expensive its much more consistent.

Reactions: connie104