1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Tee2 glucose meter

Discussion in 'Blood Glucose Monitoring' started by DevonVee, Feb 17, 2017.

1. DevonVee

DevonVee Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Just received a new meter Tee2 from Spirit healthcare
    The meter was free and came with 10 strips lancet and pouch.
    50 strips were only £7.99
    No postage and vat free if you fill in box.
    Looking forward to saving money on strips. Hopefully reasonably accurate.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Guru

As these are new on the market, perhaps you could let us know how you go on with them?

3. Mr_Pot

Mr_Pot Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Got mine a few days ago - seems good. It reads a little lower (0.2?) than the SD Codefree. The strips need less blood than the SD and I have found I could turn my finger pricker down a notch. The pricker device looks almost exactly the same as the SD one but doesn't eject the used lancets and seems to hurt more than the SD one. The meter is basic but very good and free which is surprising when the strips are a reasonable price.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. walnut_face

walnut_face Type 2 · Well-Known Member

@Bluetit1802 I am trialing one alongside the SD Codefree and Accu chek mobile.

It reads just below the SD a sto make little difference. I find the Accu chek 'under reports' Vs the other two

5. Bluetit1802

Thanks. I also find the Accu Chek "flattering" and a good booster to my mood! I am using it exclusively at the moment as I was so fed up with a particularly erratic batch of Codefree tubs. (batch no. ending 76) I still do comparisons and now have a different batch of Codefree, so I'll see what happens there.

6. connie104

connie104 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I received my Tee 2 a couple of days ago and I am finding the Tee2 is reading higher than my code free. I'm getting 5.8 this morning with code free and 6.7 with the Tee 2 . I have used the correlation fluid and it's reading 7.1 on the Tee2 which is in quoted range .
    I was just on the verge of buying the Accu check mobile when someone suggested the Tee2 so now deciding what to do !

7. Bluetit1802

If you are quick and want an AC Mobile you can apply via the Roche AC website for a free meter kit. Beware though, the replacement cassettes are very expensive. And I mean gobsmackingly expensive, even from eBay. However, they are worth a bit extra because the meter and cassettes are very convenient, no separate tubs of strips to fiddle with. The strips are inside the cassettes so you never see or handle them.

8. connie104

connie104 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thanks for info I will have a look I thought you only got them free if you were type 1 ?

9. Bluetit1802

Nope, as long as you don't already have one and state you are on diabetes tablets or insulin you will get one. I lost out on both those counts.:arghh:

• Like Like x 1
  10. 75Bedford

75Bedford Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

I have both Codefree SD and Tee2 and find they both read high and give odd readings so have gone back to the Dario, even though thats a lot more expensive its much more consistent.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook