The Power of Positivity

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
IMG_1487718328.070104.jpg

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I used to love storms when we lived in Wales and backed on to a small river going down the mountain.
The torrent of water that would fill the river made it an amazing difference and quite, quite staggering..the beauty of the noise on a daily basis of the river was stunning but in a storm..? Awesome.. have a wonderful Doris Day!!

Think its fantastic that we can all find beauty and positivity somewhere...(even if its storm watching under the duvet!!))-lol!!

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
@donnellysdogs Great poem and well done on gaining weight - I know from experience that it's surprisingly difficult!

Love from Doris
I have a feeling the name will follow me around ->> @Kat100

K

Kat100

We're not forecast any cold weather, but Doris is going to deliver some high winds here apparently, which I'm quite looking forward to. In fact, it's already started and I'm snuggled up in my duvet listening to it.
I find strong winds quite exhilarating and exciting, especially as we have quite a few big trees nearby and when it's really blustery the wind makes them 'roar' as it passes through the branches. Thrilling!! :)
I am taking a torch to bed tonight could be power disruptions

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I am taking a torch to bed tonight could be power disruptions

I'd rather have a dog to bed with me than a torch!!

How about this for today.

Doris having storms in the North... sharon having summer in the South...

First bee this summer! Its summer-right??? Lol!!!
8dcc4ddf53e40f70044b9bceaeb1530f.jpg

Poor thing took three hours to walk over 8' gravel, heading towards the earth. Probably unhibernated a bit early and going to dig his way back into the earth for warmth again..

Made a bit of Mindfulness Time watching her today...

D

debrasue

I'd rather have a dog to bed with me than a torch!!

How about this for today.

Doris having storms in the North... sharon having summer in the South...

First bee this summer! Its summer-right??? Lol!!!
8dcc4ddf53e40f70044b9bceaeb1530f.jpg

Poor thing took three hours to walk over 8' gravel, heading towards the earth. Probably unhibernated a bit early and going to dig his way back into the earth for warmth again..

Made a bit of Mindfulness Time watching her today...
Beautiful, but you're right, she's come out of hibernation way too early! I hope she found a safe place to resume her snooze.
:):):)

Reactions: 13lizanne

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Saw so many daffodils blooming today but Doris prevented me appreciating and taking photos of them!!

Laughed my socks off today when Doris almost succeeded in blowing me off my feet! It was a first, have never experienced that before.

Positive first experience of wind!!

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi Donnellysdogs can I ask you whereabouts you live, at the request of Mr E...he has had his bee book out looking!!

Reactions: donnellysdogs

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hi Donnellysdogs can I ask you whereabouts you live, at the request of Mr E...he has had his bee book out looking!!

North Cambridgeshire

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
Yesterday, started badly as I offered to drop my wife's car off at the garage for its service/MOT on the wettest day of the year to date. Walking to work was like going through a car wash :-(

However, the positives:
1. I was dreading going back in the rain to collect the car, but the weather cleared and it was a pleasant walk that did me good.
2. The car wasn't ready as it was being cleaned. (I thought it was a waste of time given the recent weather.)
3. The car needed no (unexpected) work - great!
4. My wife was grateful that I'd sorted out her car and she's done much more for me. She was pleased it had been cleaned.

Today, I'm surprised to see the car still looks clean and shiny (makes mine look bad!).

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thats brilliant positives!! Doris!!
I've had so many positives this week I cant list them all.

However the biggest is:

This has been the best week in 18 months since my cancer diagnosis..

Feeling fabulous and brilliant!!!

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anyone else tried journaling? Specifically, recording "gratitudes": ideally three a day.

You can obviously use a diary, but I've being using the "5 minute journal" app on my phone because I'm a geek and I like the daily reminders, tips and quote of the day. Here's an example (for today):

daefdfd6a7ce2c9d9aaf15d6a4f04eef.jpg

I haven't got the hang of the daily affirmation (I'm supposed to say all the reasons why I'm so wonderful, but I don't feel it's a very British or a manly thing to say, let alone repeat).

At the end of the day, I'll complete the "3 amazing things that happened today" section.

Reactions: donnellysdogs