The Power of Positivity

D

debrasue

@13lizanne- beautiful!! (And jealous)....
Oh and then the bluebells in woodlands too..
Utter beauty and wellbeing!!

I have a lovely smelling saracocca in flower by the backdoor... the smell wafts in and its warm enough now to have kitchen windows open to get the smell...
Saracoccas have a beautiful scent - honey/vanilla... lovely! :):):)

Last edited by a moderator:

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
That rhododendron is amazing 13lizanne. Nothing quite that substantial in our garden... snowdrops down the drive and aconites in the 'orchard' dafs of many types just getting ready to flower. Debs dafs sound wonderful!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
My positive moment for today has been when I've been asked to help publicise the cancer therapy unit that have been so fantastic with me..to say/write things from the patients viewpoint.
Absolutely remarkable really. A year ago last night I almost died drom poisoning and one year on from that I have been given the opportunity to be public and positive about the day centre therapy unit that helped me so much.

I am so grateful to the persons in that unit that taught me more about relaxation, moving forward, art therapy, other course and one to ones with occupational therapist.
Very special people that help people after the slicing, dicing, stitching and frying are done by surgeons. Very special people in my life.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
That rhododendron is amazing 13lizanne. Nothing quite that substantial in our garden... snowdrops down the drive and aconites in the 'orchard' dafs of many types just getting ready to flower. Debs dafs sound wonderful!
They do indeed. The rhododendron, alas, is not ours but in our local Country Park. I do have a nice Rowan and a Japanese Acer though :)
(We took our camera to the park today to take photos of snowdrops for @donnellysdogs )

Reactions: Liam1955
N

NicolaB70

My positive moment for yesterday (Thursday) was my son going for a job interview and being told that he had the job. My son only applied on Tuesday and had the interview yesterday. It's just a little part time job whilst he's at college and it will be his first job. I couldn't be more proud, happy and pleased for him.

Reactions: donnellysdogs
D

debrasue

My positive moment for today has been when I've been asked to help publicise the cancer therapy unit that have been so fantastic with me..to say/write things from the patients viewpoint.
Absolutely remarkable really. A year ago last night I almost died drom poisoning and one year on from that I have been given the opportunity to be public and positive about the day centre therapy unit that helped me so much.

I am so grateful to the persons in that unit that taught me more about relaxation, moving forward, art therapy, other course and one to ones with occupational therapist.
Very special people that help people after the slicing, dicing, stitching and frying are done by surgeons. Very special people in my life.
It's heartwarming to know that there are people like this in the world, and people like you who can truly appreciate the role they play and can express it with such joy and clarity. :):):):):)

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
I'm celebrating my 1st diabetes birthday this weekend with oppo ice cream and sugar free milk chocolate

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Anybody else having a Fab Friday or so looking forward to a positive weekend??

I've got my table tennis group tonight. We are a lot of 'mature' people and we are grateful that Tesco give us use of their community room free of charge and free beverages and snack.

Lots of fun and laughs later with this favourite Friday fun.

Weekend will be all the w's really... getting hubby (washing) the car and (working)!!! He, he!!

Reactions: Liam1955
D

debrasue

Anybody else having a Fab Friday or so looking forward to a positive weekend??

I've got my table tennis group tonight. We are a lot of 'mature' people and we are grateful that Tesco give us use of their community room free of charge and free beverages and snack.

Lots of fun and laughs later with this favourite Friday fun.

Weekend will be all the w's really... getting hubby (washing) the car and (working)!!! He, he!!
... and presumably Watching - the best of all!!! :):):)

Reactions: donnellysdogs

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
... and presumably Watching - the best of all!!! :):):)

Oh yes!! The W for watching.... chuckling madly at that!! Lol:))

Even watching the table tennis!! Cant play until spine has been MRI'd..Mar 4th...lol!! Theres just so much laughter, I cant miss it!!

K

Kat100

Big hugs @donnellysdogs xxx amazing is what you are :) x