The Power of Positivity

D

debrasue

Doesnt it male a difference to have found a lovely keyworker for your son!
Thats a huge positive!!

My positive today is that I managed to make pancake mixture!! Had a pancake myself!! (May regret it tomorrow!!-lol) and had excess muxture to give a single almost 80 gentleman across the road.... he makes himself a dinner each day, so nice to offer him a pud...

Trying to get home sorted out ready to have my 2nd mastectomy, so a bit too chaotic to ask him across to have with us!!
What a lovely gesture!
Wishing you all the very best and big hugs for your procedure, and looking forward to reading more of your wonderful posts.
xxx :):):):)

Reactions: donnellysdogs
K

Kat100

IMG_5168.JPG

Reactions: Clivethedrive
K

Kat100

I went for an MRI scan this morning and was absolutely terrified while I was in there, but suddenly from nowhere a wave of gratitude washed over me............grateful for living in a country where we have access to healthcare that cares for you, even on Sunday! Wonderful staff, wonderful system :)
Hello old friend @Janiept wishing you good health .. and good results for the outcome of your MRI
There really are some good things to be positive about in our NHS xxx hug :cat:

K

Kat100

Our eldest daughter and family came to stay this weekend, including our granddaughter (nearly 3 yr old).

Highlights included:
* her doodling on an art app on my iPad: she kept looking at her finger as if wondering how it had acquired magic powers to draw and make noises
* hugging and kissing everyone when it was time to leave, including our dog (who wanted none of it) and (bizarrely) a coffee table
Sounds like you had great fun .. x

K

Kat100

Doesnt it male a difference to have found a lovely keyworker for your son!
Thats a huge positive!!

My positive today is that I managed to make pancake mixture!! Had a pancake myself!! (May regret it tomorrow!!-lol) and had excess muxture to give a single almost 80 gentleman across the road.... he makes himself a dinner each day, so nice to offer him a pud...

Trying to get home sorted out ready to have my 2nd mastectomy, so a bit too chaotic to ask him across to have with us!!
Hope you enjoyed your pancake ..I am sure your gent did , bet you made his day ..
Now where are ours xxx

K

Kat100

My positive moment is a bit small but ! My son's new keyworker is a lovely woman who my son adores. Hurrah! It could have been so different :)
Catching up with the posts here today and what an uplifting bunch you all are. Positivity triumphing over adversity. Yeah!
Lovely news x

K

Kat100

A couple of old (as in long-term; they're a bit younger than me :eek:) and very dear friends are driving up from Devon this morning to meet up with us. We're all then driving over to have lunch with two long-term mutual friends, one of whom is not at all well, but it should still be nice.

I've mentioned the guy before - he's the one who was badly handicapped by a benign brain tumour a few years back and is now very (probably terminally) ill with oesophageal cancer. Not very positive, I suppose, but I try to regard the times that we see him as a celebration of our 40 years of friendship, and days that I will look back on in future as a reminder of the great times we had (many of them, it must be admitted, in pubs and bars ;)).

He's been having radiotherapy recently, in the hope that it will give him a bit more time, for he and his wife to spend some time in the sun, on a Med cruise, but consequently he's feeling a bit rubbish at the moment.

Nevertheless, I cherish all of these times together. Later on, we will all watch Saints (probably) get beaten by Man U on the telly in the League Cup Final. On a positive note, in the meantime, we're going to Wember-lee :D
I remember your friend .. :)
He is lucky to have you as a good friend @jay hay-char
Now how many pubs did you say lol x

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I remember your friend .. :)
He is lucky to have you as a good friend @jay hay-char
Now how many pubs did you say lol x
Lost count, I'm afraid :)

He has lots of good friends - his good nature and generosity has made sure of that, over the years. Mrs h-c and I are only doing what I know he would do for us if the tables were turned. Also, I am Godfather to both his kids which, I think, gives me an extra responsibility towards the family.

It sucks - but we must do what we can to make things less awful, if we are able.

K

Kat100

Lost count, I'm afraid :)

He has lots of good friends - his good nature and generosity has made sure of that, over the years. Mrs h-c and I are only doing what I know he would do for us if the tables were turned. Also, I am Godfather to both his kids which, I think, gives me an extra responsibility towards the family.

It sucks - but we must do what we can to make things less awful, if we are able.
Your a good friend :) :angelic:

You lost count of the pubs :woot:
Jolly good :rolleyes: well you have to live :)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Love it... and reinstatement can be marked down on my positive journal for today...

Positive.....
Hubby off sick and so far I've not caught this horrible virus... all my vitamins must be working!! And I've kept my temper calm!!

Yaaay!!!

Extra, extra positive is that my Guardian Connect CGM is now waiting at hospital for me!!! Just trying to sort out training for me with the hospital and rep!!

Cant believe I have finally had something really good happen!!

Amazed and really singing!!!

K

Kat100

Love it... and reinstatement can be marked down on my positive journal for today...

Positive.....
Hubby off sick and so far I've not caught this horrible virus... all my vitamins must be working!! And I've kept my temper calm!!

Yaaay!!!

Extra, extra positive is that my Guardian Connect CGM is now waiting at hospital for me!!! Just trying to sort out training for me with the hospital and rep!!

Cant believe I have finally had something really good happen!!

Amazed and really singing!!!
We hear you singing :singing::singing::singing: @donnellysdogs happy days for you , really pleased that we can share it with you x