Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Great result if you were naughty, and as your numbers are so consisteintly good, why not have a day off once in a while...:happy: Sorry if this goes against all medical advice, but we are human, :joyful:
My medical advice given recently was to relax more and to not be too obsessive about my diabetes. Hospital appointment in feb 2017.
We are human not robots. Totally agree @callyandy . ;)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well lower than last night, but still 6.2, maybe LCHF has run its course in my failing body
Just wondered if you had considered the amount of protein consumed - too much and your liver starts to convert the amino acids in the protein into sugar. Just a thought.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Well lower than last night, but still 6.2, maybe LCHF has run its course in my failing body
Relax. It can make all the difference. 6.2 is an excellent fbg! I read somewhere that coming out of ketosis occasionally helps keep fbgs low. As exercises carb sensitivity. Nut allergy research exploring same way to help with sensitivity.

Reactions: KezG

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Bit of a contrast these last few days - 5.9 yesterday and 7.5 today after tossing and turning all night.
Oh no. A cold on its way? Hope just your immune system kicking in. No stress today please. Thinking of you!
Ps. Had a thought.... you didn't experience a near hypo through the night eg. 5.5ish, did you? 7.5 would be reactive glucose dump. Maybe a 5 would give you hypo symptoms? Don't leave too long inbetween dinner/supper and deep sleep hun. I'll see you in type2 life if you want to think/talk it through!

Last edited:

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Hi my name is Jason Milligan, I didn't know the best way to post this but I seen this was the most active thread. I am a student at City of Glasgow College and i'm doing a project on diabetes in sport and I was hoping anyone on this site who has played sport would be willing to answer these questions for me.
How much of an effect do you think diabetes has on sporting performance? Have you been injured and if so do you feel diabetes changes the recovery process compared to athletes without the disease? In reference to injury is there certain medications you’re not able to take during the recovery process because of the disease? What health procedures and precautions do you have to take before, during and after training or competition and do you feel this disadvantages you in any way? How much of an impact have medical advancements made on people with diabetes who want to take part in sport and have you noticed a difference since you started playing football?
If there's anything else you'd like me to include in the project about your experience in sport feel free to include it.
Also to prevent clogging up the thread feel free to email your answers to [email protected]

Hi Jason

You're right - this is an active forum, but this thread is purely for posting fasting figures.

I think you would do much better to start a new thread, and be aware that there are different areas for type 1 and Type 2s on here as well.

Good luck with the project though.

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
7.4 @ 4.45am
8.8 @ 7.30am awake lots after 1st test with cramp. More salt needed maybe?
7.1 @ 12 noon after exercise class and walk, Breaking fast about 1.30pm that will be 18 hrs and feeling good.

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
A 4.8 this morning although I did back step my insulin decrease as I had a belated birthday meal.
Nothing the dr ordered that's for sure. I might find tomorrow fbg affected by the extra carbs. I'm very very happy with fbg control at the moment and weight loss on insulin.

Good job!