Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Good Morning! 5.7 at 0430 today.
I was worried that it would be higher. I was tempted into buying bags of licquorice rocks yesterday, telling myself I would only eat two or three a day. But I ended up dipping into them through the evening and probably ate about 30.
I tested at 8.40pm and I was 8.7 (TEE2), and then at 9.40pm and was down to 6.7. Unfortunately this means I might be tempted again today.
Put them away and forget about them. Another day in the future can handle it more?

Reactions: Liam1955

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good morning everyone

BG @ 4.45 today was 6.2

No longer having any foods late evening for liver dumps has it has been pointed out on here I'm not having any,my BG stays more or less quiet steady, if anything it drops like yesterday to 4.1 even though I'd had a scone and jam and cream mid afternoon. So I'm fine with BG levels at this time. K

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Good morning everyone

BG @ 4.45 today was 6.2

No longer having any foods late evening for liver dumps has it has been pointed out on here I'm not having any,my BG stays more or less quiet steady, if anything it drops like yesterday to 4.1 even though I'd had a scone and jam and cream mid afternoon. So I'm fine with BG levels at this time. K
Excellent work @Granny_grump_ . I bet you feel very confident now about this? It's a good feeling when we know what's going on! Well done in working out what's right for you. ;)

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'll make sure I do. He's been listened too in all his previous appointments. It's his turn today. Mind u i think cardiologist has prompted appointment, not me. We'll see what he has to say. I'm a good listener normally. Illness takes its toll thou. I'm still trying to work out who does what! Ha ha. I'm docile when ill. :(
Docile, but not stupid, nor a doormat!!:D

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
arhggg :arghh::grumpy::shifty: 6.5 - 6.9 tested twice at 10:30

Not going in the right direction, having trouble to fall asleep, didn´t sleep untill after 5 in the night.. and did go up to eat some yoghurt at around 2 this night.Yesterday NO exercise, ate 2500 calories of which 120 grams of carbs and 145 gr of proteins.

Last edited: