Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Johnjoe13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hate you people with your low blood sugar levels. I am Type 2 and have been on a strict low carb diet for 3 months Whilst I have lost 2.5 stone in weight I cant get my blood sugar low despite 4 metformin a day. First thing in the mornung always 8 point something this morning 10. The lowest reading Ive had during the day is 6,4. Dont know what else to do

Try not to get too stressed over the morning number, I used to get really annoyed at all the low numbers people were posting and mine have only started to fall after 6 months or so after I started the metformin and watching the carbs, and i'm still not getting below 6.0 yet. The morning number is only an indication of how much your liver has decided to dump in order to get you up and running (so i'm told) and not a reflection on your overall level on glucose in the blood during the day, and stressing out first thing in the morning will only get your numbers higher i'm sure of it.

As suggested you should start a thread and discussion on this in the main forum where i'm sure lots of people will offer some tips and help with your concerns, give is a go honestly you'll start to feel a lot better about things.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Fbg 5.8 after taking none diabetic tablets and ablusions. Although I did do a liver block last night.
My fingers are starting to struggle with my constant testing. Once on good steady new insulin regime I will relax it's severity. They need a break.
Wish I could afford libre freestyle.