Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
im new on here, I was diagnosed with type two diabetes in November im not on medication, ive beenstraight away when I found out have been dieting and watching carbs suger and caleries since then, I have been for my 1st 3 month checku with the diabetic nurse and my readings on fasting when diagnosed were 51 or 6.6 my readings after first 3 months are 46 , im continuing to diet to try get down further, I write everything I eat down each day, I also take my fasting each morning and the last 24 readings have now been highest 5.6 and lowest 4.7 I will be going again in june for my next 3 month checkup and im curious to see what the reading from them will be as an average over the next 3 months, I lost half a stone before I found out and have since then lost one and a half stone making two stone so far im determined to get these readings down and control this , hope someone in similar situation can write to me
Well done and welcome. Keep reading, testing and posting with us. You are proof low carbing works. Keep it up.:):)

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All

6.1 for me today.

Recent fluctuations due to hardly eating anything, due to an inoperable cancer in my gullet, and whether or not I have red wine the night before...

Going in for a minor op to ease the blockage on wednesday, hoping to regain some control after that.
Seem to be OK symptoms wise down to 4.0 anyway - not been any lower yet.....
Our thoughts are with you honey. Gentle hugs.