Strange and meaningless dreams...

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
Frequently, when my glucose levels are out of control, I have really unusual dreams.

I recently dreamed of being at a depot where old clothes were collected for various purposes. I am standing outside a wire mesh fence, and there is a guard dog behind it. I notice that its right front leg has been torn off at the shoulder, and the left foot has been removed at the ankle. There are two people with me, but they stand just outside my periferal vision.

Some one comes out of a building to my left to take the dog away. I tell them I am looking for a jacket. The person leads me into the building to a series of lockers. Inside are large canvas bags that contain articles of clothing. I am searching through the clothing, yet I am asking myself why am I here?

Does anyone else have these bizarre dreams?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bizarre and frightening - particularly the one where I dream I wake up and find there is a huge white figure dressed like the statue of liberty standing by the bed.
I have not had a nightmare of the worst sort since I lowered my blood glucose readings to below 8 mmol/l - and my ability to write fantasy fiction has gone downhill recently too, so there might be a connection.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Frequently, when my glucose levels are out of control, I have really unusual dreams.

I recently dreamed of being at a depot where old clothes were collected for various purposes. I am standing outside a wire mesh fence, and there is a guard dog behind it. I notice that its right front leg has been torn off at the shoulder, and the left foot has been removed at the ankle. There are two people with me, but they stand just outside my periferal vision.

Some one comes out of a building to my left to take the dog away. I tell them I am looking for a jacket. The person leads me into the building to a series of lockers. Inside are large canvas bags that contain articles of clothing. I am searching through the clothing, yet I am asking myself why am I here?

Does anyone else have these bizarre dreams?

Hi,
if I was to hazard a guess..?
Classic lost something anxiety dream..
Security. The "jacket" symbolic of protection maybe? the "compound with the depot" & even the amputated guard dog..

D related health thing worry??

Lampman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I certainly get some odd and lucid dreams in times of stress. The last couple of months since my glucose levels have been going down, none. That would seem to indicate a possible connection with glucose levels. Time will tell!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Oh yeah!
During my hypo hell period, I had really vivid and colourful dreams often violent and recurring what would be called nightmares, most of them were so lucid that I have found myself across the room and in distress on the floor with bruises and in pain, the wife still won't sleep with me if I feel a bit off!
I would also say, that I suffered from these types of dreams with childhood diseases when young and when through puberty.
And as others have said they have lessened in frequency and intensity since having good blood glucose levels and control.