Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Another 5.5 this morning. No hypos for a few days too.
Started toujeo300 and novarapid today. So far so good. ;) I need a whole week to see what change its making. I wonder what my fbg tomorrow will be. Basal insulin affects fbgs the most. No breakfast today so no novarapid til lunch.

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
Below 7.8mmol/l works for me. Well done on good 7s. Was forgetting afternoon insulin so hit the 13 mark without it but settled down nicely. Well, I say tha, new insulin regime today. I'm watching this space too!
I started getting good readings when I switched to Novorapid and Lantus. On Mixtard 30/70, I was frequently in the mid to high 20's and sometimes over 30!

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.6 mmol 1 hour after breakfast black-bread and blue cheese , slept at my mothers , didn´t bring meter, helped her with balcony washed her bricks with caustic soda disolved in water and planted flowers in outdoor flowerpots.. and then beated her most of the time in scrable yesterday evening... it was mothers day here in DK, we have another day than all the rest of the world.. :);):happy:

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
9.1 @ 6am
Went to bed at 11.30pm and 8.1 then
Long cycle to work this morning and 9.9 nearly 4 hrs later.
Just eaten 1 sausage and a rasher of bacon for very late tea break. Hoping for better figures later on.
It's not just the level on the meter, but how many points you moved to make the difference. But worry about 9.9. I have jumped from 5 to 18 in 35 minutes. That is NOT GOOD!!

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
High this am....dunno why unless due to a stressy health problem... which i hope to get sorted asap was 11.3 ouch!!!!!!!!!!
I've been there many times snd know that particular brand of frustration! It's just a blip on the radar, telling you to alter course. Plain sailing is not a constant.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.9 today. Feeling really ill, upset tummy. Have just phoned my boss to say I won't be in today - I'm never off, and feel such a wimp. At least the fast g sugar is still good.
Stay close to home and drink loads of water. :( How rotten for you, I hope it's only 24 hours..... Gentle hugs that don't squish. Great number tho...

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.6 mmol 1 hour after breakfast black-bread and blue cheese , slept at my mothers , didn´t bring meter, helped her with balcony washed her bricks with caustic soda disolved in water and planted flowers in outdoor flowerpots.. and then beated her most of the time in scrable yesterday evening... it was mothers day here in DK, we have another day than all the rest of the world.. :);):happy:
Don't you let mummy win on her day;) heehee

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
10.1 @ 7.30am after a night of strange dreams and waking every couple of hours. 6.5 before I went to bed. Aqua Zumba will sort out the dreaded liver dump

It didn't sort it out as much as I hoped, still high, 8.1 @ 3.35pm Zumba later on, so hopefully that WILL sort it out.