Aged 16 and looking for people to talk to:)

david.ed.bullock

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm 16 and was diagnosed 6 years ago on Friday 13th...!
Just looking for someone(don't care about age) to chat to, I'm bored of sugar coating things and pretending things are ok, looking for someone who I can be honest with and relate too, I'm also here for anyone who needs someone, message me or reply if you wanna chat:)
Hey! I have been diabetic type one since I was 4 and a half, now 27, would be good to speak with you and discuss things! Hopefully speak soon, send me a pm if you would like to! X

pierre.jay.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just looking for someone(don't care about age) to chat to, I'm bored of sugar coating things and pretending things are ok, looking for someone who I can be honest with and relate too, I'm also here for anyone who needs someone, message me or reply if you wanna chat:)

Hey! I'm almost 17 and was diagnosed 19 months ago. I'd love to chat you and know exactly how you feel, please send me a personal message!

IsmailMohamed

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Ok iam 16 years old
Send you message ?

Iam 16 years old

Last edited by a moderator:

IsmailMohamed

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Other
I did not make the mistake of entering the information because I was hasty in registering. This is not true

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @IsmailMohamed Can you tell us more about your diabetes and what support you are looking for ? :)

Reactions: azure

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I did not make the mistake of entering the information because I was hasty in registering. This is not true

Ok :) What type of diabetes do you have? Are you on any medication? Are there any problems you're having?

IsmailMohamed

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Ok :) What type of diabetes do you have? Are you on any medication? Are there any problems you're having?
I'm not diabetic ..! I wrote the wrong information because I speak Arabic and did not understand what I chose .. I am good and I suffer from any disease

miszu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I feel u. sometimes it gets hard when u dont have anyone to talk to abt ur diabetes. is everything okay with ur BG lately ?

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm not diabetic ..! I wrote the wrong information because I speak Arabic and did not understand what I chose .. I am good and I suffer from any disease

Ok. So do you have any connection to diabetes then?

This is a diabetes support forum. The young people here have diabetes and the threads asking to chat are for other young people with diabetes who understand what it is like.

IsmailMohamed

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Ok. So do you have any connection to diabetes then?

This is a diabetes support forum. The young people here have diabetes and the threads asking to chat are for other young people with diabetes who understand what it is like.
Sorry I new .. And I dont understand idea froum
Very sorry

Becca_Maria

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey Im 15 and was diagnosed when i was 10 aswell, i would be up for talking about diabetes and relating and being there if you need me, message me? Xx

obada

hi i'm obada ... I am 17 years old
im learning english and i want to improve my skills in talking and reading .. i just wanna chat with somebody :)

obada

my name's obada and im 17 years old
i would love to speak with anyone about anything and i'm learining english by the way so i hope that will be oky
thank you :)
im male :3

New2T1D

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Things that are unfair.
My 16 year old son was diagnosed with Type 1 6 months ago. He says he's doing really well, but I worry he feels "different" and doesn't have people in his life who can relate to what he's living with. We're in North Somerset, so I'm keen to help him connect with people of a similar age not too far from here. Some of his closest pre-diagnosis "friends" are off the scene. He changed overnight; grew up I suppose; and they didn't. They didn't deal with his diagnosis very well. Shame. So I'd feel so happy if he met other nicer people.... Certainly he's hardly gone out since diagnosis.

beth2002

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My 16 year old son was diagnosed with Type 1 6 months ago. He says he's doing really well, but I worry he feels "different" and doesn't have people in his life who can relate to what he's living with. We're in North Somerset, so I'm keen to help him connect with people of a similar age not too far from here. Some of his closest pre-diagnosis "friends" are off the scene. He changed overnight; grew up I suppose; and they didn't. They didn't deal with his diagnosis very well. Shame. So I'd feel so happy if he met other nicer people.... Certainly he's hardly gone out since diagnosis.

Hello, I'm type one and 15 years old, I have had diabetes 5 years now, I'm in the same friend situation unfortunately, I was wondering if your son would mind talking to me? I know I'm a girl but I am looking for a friend too

New2T1D

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Things that are unfair.
Hello, I'm type one and 15 years old, I have had diabetes 5 years now, I'm in the same friend situation unfortunately, I was wondering if your son would mind talking to me? I know I'm a girl but I am looking for a friend too
Hi Beth, He's a boy and he doesn't really do "talking," but I wish he did. I will ask him if he'll connect with you online. He's doing GCSEs and it's a bit stressful - diagnosed 6m ago, lost friendships of people he considered to be "good" friends. Also awaiting a Coeliac biopsy. V difficult time. I will encourage him to come online and talk to you Beth. I'm new to this forum and will try to add you as a favourite - or whatever. When GCSEs are done, I'll encourage him to join the forum. He is lovely. I would say that, as his mum, wouldn't I!?