Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all :)

back from Italy, no postings during my hols because my phone app. did not play nicely with the local wi-fi. Highest BS reading whilst away was 4.9 and lowest was 3.8. My holiday was lovely but I'm looking forward to catching up with you all:happy:

4.0 today for me.
Welcome home:) Great hollibobs readings:happy:

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Forgot to check when I woke up!

6.5 very slightly up at 11.30am

A fasting day today :) nothing to eat until after my zumba class finishes at 7.30pm LCHF plus fasting is working it's magic, weight down after being stuck for a while and no real rises in BS :)

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Thank you for the kind words my friends.

Unfortunately I binged again, amidst the tears, and today it is 14.2.

Am determined to get back on track today. Honest.

Give yourself time to grieve, it's only natural to feel so sad. You WILL get back on track soon. Don't kick yourself whilst you feel down. Just try to eat a little less of the bad (but good!) things each day. You will get back onboard the wagon again soon and getting great BS results soon. xx

Last edited:

Lord Midas

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots. Morons. Flat Earthers. Religious fanatics. Trump. Bigots. Misogynists. And other assorted bad types.
I think I overcompensated for my high this morning and after my almost zero carb lunch and 2 mile walk I'm on 3.7
Got the shakes and usual **** feelings brewing :hungover:

Lord Midas

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots. Morons. Flat Earthers. Religious fanatics. Trump. Bigots. Misogynists. And other assorted bad types.
Reducing meds soon?
Well, I'm not sure. My mornings still aren't right yet. My very low after lunch was my fault in try to lower my bs, which was too much meds.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all I'm new on here I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes last year but only dietary, but now just had review and been put on metpharmin I'm over weight and been told this may help me loose weight has anyone had this experience?

yes it can help but you also need to eat low carb and control the amount of food you eat...is my experience..

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
I'm struggling to get my mmol down I am between 13.9 & 22mmol anytime I am testing with the nexus meter.. Trying to control it is harder than I wish. I'm not on meds. I'm eating healthy, started exercise again as had procedure before... it's scary & just want it down... my aim is to reverse it.

Hi. Just wondering if "eating healthy" is a diet which would be considered healthy by people who are not diabetic (say some NHS staff giving out bog standard non-individual specific advice..or whether it is what the average Type 2 on this site would recommend. What are you eating?