Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good Morning! 6.9 at 0500 today.
I think it must be the grass pollen. It's High today, so lower than the Very High yesterday, as is my fbg. And my blood pressure has been higher, yesterday and today too.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A 9.8 after cod and too many chips watching election results. My own fault. Weight remained same. Giving myself a strong talking to. I'm so close to my bariatric weight loss target. I can see it.
Need sleep and groceries today. In that order too.
So pleased our MP remained in charge of our parlimentary seat.
I'm sorry if I'm a bore but politics is so me! So predictable for me but a comforting local result. Watch out Conservatives! I think you'll be out next time. A charismatic leader would have took the country with ease.;)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Good Morning! 6.9 at 0500 today.
I think it must be the grass pollen. It's High today, so lower than the Very High yesterday, as is my fbg. And my blood pressure has been higher, yesterday and today too.
More rain expected but not as heavy. Maybe the solution? 6.9 is still excellent @Prem51 . well done :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thank you for the kind words my friends.

Unfortunately I binged again, amidst the tears, and today it is 14.2.

Am determined to get back on track today. Honest.
Sounds like your trying to heal yourself with carbs. Would extra hugs from us help? Doggie wouldnt want you ill. Love was reciprocated? Do it for doggies memory, kick carbs ar$e! Do it!

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning :)

I have recently stopped taking Metformin, so was concerned that my fasting blood sugars may start creeping up, but it seems not to have happened. I think that taking Alpha Lipoic Acid helps to reduce blood sugars by about 0.5, so perhaps is a good alternative to Metformin for people with a HbA1C under 48 (mine is 44).

Lord Midas

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots. Morons. Flat Earthers. Religious fanatics. Trump. Bigots. Misogynists. And other assorted bad types.
Sounds like your trying to heal yourself with carbs. Would extra hugs from us help? Doggie wouldn't want you ill. Love was reciprocated? Do it for doggies memory, kick carbs ar$e! Do it!
Hear hear. Don't let yourself get ill through grief, @Serena51. I started thinking of the happy times rather than the sad times, which helped tremendously.
I also went to Bootsphoto and got two huge suede cushions of my little bud's face on them :) Yes, I cried when they were delivered, but now I can just give them big squeezy hugs :cat:

I've now written about him on my blog and added pictures of me and him (both with me and cushions).
http://diabeticketo.weebly.com/about.html

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all :)

back from Italy, no postings during my hols because my phone app. did not play nicely with the local wi-fi. Highest BS reading whilst away was 4.9 and lowest was 3.8. My holiday was lovely but I'm looking forward to catching up with you all:happy:

4.0 today for me.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
A 9.8 after cod and too many chips watching election results. My own fault. Weight remained same. Giving myself a strong talking to. I'm so close to my bariatric weight loss target. I can see it.
Need sleep and groceries today. In that order too.
So pleased our MP remained in charge of our parlimentary seat.
I'm sorry if I'm a bore but politics is so me! So predictable for me but a comforting local result. Watch out Conservatives! I think you'll be out next time. A charismatic leader would have took the country with ease.;)
I laughed my socks off this morning. All those Jeremy Corbyn detractors should eat their words now. :happy:

James13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.3 for me today, joint lowest for 18 months.

Not posted for a few days but my last 3 in reverse order were 8.7, 8.3 and 8.9, so a welcome drop today.

Just started taking Vitamin D supplements but probably just a coincidence.