Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good job the meters have a memory. I forgot mine and had to search it out @Tipetoo due to hours unable to access site properly.
My history cache gave me basic images, only. No availability to post thou.
I'm getting old. Ha ha
Never old Vicky!:wideyed:

Reactions: berylc

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
6.6 today again can't get it down trying hard but not working so far
If your low carbing, some have a carb and somehow it gives a temporary lower fbg. We dont know why, maybe liver refilling with glucose so cannot dump at same time?

Reactions: ziggy_w

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
If your low carbing, some have a carb and somehow it gives a temporary lower fbg. We dont know why, maybe liver refilling with glucose so cannot dump at same time?

Not doing low carb just watching what I eat did work before but came off the meds to do exercise and diet and seemed to be working but all went pear shaped, got my 3 monthly appointments with the nurse next week so we'll see what happens, was 5.6 last time on the meds looking for a 6.0 to be happy

Johnjoe13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9.5 this morning (up from 9 yesterday) tested a couple of hours later and was 6.5, maybe the morning high has something to do with a change in metabolism from 2 weeks out of the country and things are taking time to adjust back to blighty mode IDK?