Marathonmona's 8 week 800 calorie diet

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning,

For anyone interested and for my own accountability, I'm documenting this plan on here.
I want to lose weight and bring my FBG down and also my HbA1C, which currently stands at 59

**14th August - 08th October**

Keeping it short and sweet: calories, carbs, FBG and maybe a few observations.

I lost 30 lbs last year on LCHF but stopped losing as let's say, I became sidetracked 'a few' times.

Anyway, started Monday 14 August.

Starting weight: 15st 6 lbs

Mon 14 Aug: 974 cal/ 35 carbs FBG 8.2
Tues 15 Aug: 994 cal/41 carbs FBG 8.2

Wed 16 Aug: weight 15st 2lbs FBG 6.2

So 800 calories not quite lol but in the past I would have given up so this is quite good for me.

Mona x

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
4lbs since Monday - thats excellent! Well done Mona. :)

Are the hunger pangs starting to subside? The ND website say the first 2-3 days are the worst.

Reactions: marathonmona

Fleegle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning,

For anyone interested and for my own accountability, I'm documenting this plan on here.
I want to lose weight and bring my FBG down and also my HbA1C, which currently stands at 59

**14th August - 08th October**

Keeping it short and sweet: calories, carbs, FBG and maybe a few observations.

I lost 30 lbs last year on LCHF but stopped losing as let's say, I became sidetracked 'a few' times.

Anyway, started Monday 14 August.

Starting weight: 15st 6 lbs

Mon 14 Aug: 974 cal/ 35 carbs FBG 8.2
Tues 15 Aug: 994 cal/41 carbs FBG 8.2

Wed 16 Aug: weight 15st 2lbs FBG 6.2

So 800 calories not quite lol but in the past I would have given up so this is quite good for me.

Mona x
I for one Mona will be watching every word you post with great interest. Good luck and brace yourself for the first week.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had no idea you could microwave bacon!!! What did it turn out like?
Place sheet of kitchen roll on a plate, lay out bacon, place another sheet on top to avoid splatter. Microwave for about one minute. Good if you live your bacon pink.

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I for one Mona will be watching every word you post with great interest. Good luck and brace yourself for the first week.

@Fleegle, I've read a lot of your posts here.
It's great for accountability I think. I'm one of those people that just tends to slack off after a while and I desperately don't want to do that this time.

As Prof Taylor says: "look at it as a necessary medical intervention".

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Place sheet of kitchen roll on a plate, lay out bacon, place another sheet on top to avoid splatter. Microwave for about one minute. Good if you live your bacon pink.

I microwaved for two minutes and it actually came out slightly crispy apart from the fat.

Or was it just dry lol.

It was good anyway and it's what I intend to do once I'm back in school working

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
FBG this morning 7
Weight 15st 1 so another pound off.

I felt odd last night when I went to bed: hungry, weak and wouldn't say dizzy but something like that. I was on my own and found this a bit concerning. Lying down didn't make me feel any better so I had about 6 Maltesers and instantly felt better. I didn't take my BG, should have though. Not sure whether it was low BG or just my body protesting... maybe that's why my FBG was up a bit this morning.
Maybe I need to factor in a bit of cheese at night or something...

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
FBG this morning 7
Weight 15st 1 so another pound off.

I felt odd last night when I went to bed: hungry, weak and wouldn't say dizzy but something like that. I was on my own and found this a bit concerning. Lying down didn't make me feel any better so I had about 6 Maltesers and instantly felt better. I didn't take my BG, should have though. Not sure whether it was low BG or just my body protesting... maybe that's why my FBG was up a bit this morning.
Maybe I need to factor in a bit of cheese at night or something...

If you feel like that again tonight try drinking a glass of mineral water or tap water with a pinch of salt in. The other thing that's good for the wobbles is a mug of hot Bovril.

Fabulous looking dog in your avatar pic. :) I've got one that looks very similar.

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
If you feel like that again tonight try drinking a glass of mineral water or tap water with a pinch of salt in. The other thing that's good for the wobbles is a mug of hot Bovril.

Fabulous looking dog in your avatar pic. :) I've got one that looks very similar.

Oh yes, the salt. With not much food and lots of water we need some more...
Thanks @Chook, will try that.
Ah, that's my Max; he's my cuddly baby hehe.

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Four days done; 52 to go.

Fri 18 Aug: weight 15st 1lb. For a total weight loss of 5 lbs
FBG: 5.2 !! Wow. That's a first.
I ended the day yesterday on 1230 calories and 54 carbs. Way over but it was a hungry day...

Reactions: Chook

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
FBG 5.8
Weight loss of 1 3/4 pound
Total weight loss 6 and a half pounds.
FBG from 8.2 to 5.8
I ended the day on 992 cal and only 26 carbs.
I may have to call this my '900 ish calorie diet' ha.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I haven't said before but I'm doing 800 cal real food for 8 weeks and started the same day as you - so we can suffer together and compare notes / swap ideas if you don't mind me crashing your thread occasionally. :)

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Oooh @Chook, that's brilliant!
Please visit and join in as often as you can. How are you finding it?
I've not managed 800 yet he. I can't believe I've lost nearly half a stone! I didn't start on the back of a carb festival either; have been LCHF for a year but I eat too much and snack too often... so this restriction is tough but I feel like I'm slowly tuning in to my body and its needs.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
This is my third attempt at it but I'm doing better this time. I'm doing better with my meal planning and the distribution of the calories across the day which is where I failed before. I'm having 200 cals for breakfast, 200 for lunch and then 400 cals for dinner. Snacking is an issue for me so I've emptied the cupboards of all snack stuff and any drinks with carbs in. It's hard... but hopefully worth it. x