Type 2 Life

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
You keep testing @JohnnyBaker12021970 .
Do you have quite a few test strips not working well? Which meter do you use?

I ask because certain meters work better for me, testing my blood wise. As I shake a lot.
I''ll add your symptom of shaking/tremors to my prayer list, my lovely friend, @ickihun. My desire is for you to get well and enjoy a more happy way of life, although you appear to be very happy-go-lucky and caring in your posts. My blood glucose monitor is called TrueYou and was given to me by the same Nurse who advised me to only test my blood glucose once a week. Today I've eaten a ready meal with 2 sausages, garden peas and a low quantity of mashed potato, which, thankfully for my blood glucose levels, probably won't cause spikes to my blood sugar. I can't find the celeriac in my local Sainsbury's. I'd love to use it, though. I cannot buy it online because I do not have access to a credit/debit card due to having a council appointee who looks after my disability benefits. I always get 3 twenty pound notes and one ten pound note in a white envelope that my Carer picks up. I can't participate in online shopping for this reason because of my vulnerability.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@JohnnyBaker12021970 I've tested reheated fresh potato mash and I don't spike. I have a jacket potato size worth of potato.
Give it a go.
If your gp is sending enough strips then use them to help your good diet.
I'm sure your gp would appreciate your hard work. Nurse too.

If you can get rid of tobacco you will see huge improvements. Your friends too. A task best shared in your home.
A smoke free home can be a big accomplishment.
Can you ever see that for yourself Johnny?

Your achievements with diabetes is fantastic. I bet you can do the same with tobacco when you feel ready.

Very proud of you. ;)

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
@JohnnyBaker12021970 I've tested reheated fresh potato mash and I don't spike. I have a jacket potato size worth of potato.
Give it a go.
If your gp is sending enough strips then use them to help your good diet.
I'm sure your gp would appreciate your hard work. Nurse too.

If you can get rid of tobacco you will see huge improvements. Your friends too. A task best shared in your home.
A smoke free home can be a big accomplishment.
Can you ever see that for yourself Johnny?

Your achievements with diabetes is fantastic. I bet you can do the same with tobacco when you feel ready.

Very proud of you. ;)
I went for 79 days quit a couple of weeks ago and then relapsed over some stresses I was having in my life. Now I'm 3 days quit after reinstating the quit 3 days ago. I'm using nicotine replacement therapy mouth sprays which are very effective. I can envisage my home being smokefree, even when Lee comes around. I still like him as a friend and look forward to a time when he can return to his normal, happy self and I will always pray for him in his struggles. My care coordinator, and Ioanna, are concerned I'm being taking advantage of by him. I don't know if I am, and I wouldn't like to disagree or agree with them because Lee has many feelings but I do acknowledge I have to safeguard myself and my home.

Last edited by a moderator:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I went for 79 days quit a couple of weeks ago and then relapsed over some stresses I was having in my life. Now I'm 3 days quit after reinstating the quit 3 days ago. I'm using nicotine replacement therapy mouth sprays which are very effective. I can envisage my home being smokefree, even when Lee comes around. I still like him as a friend and look forward to a time when he can return to his normal, happy self and I will always pray for him in his struggles. My care coordinator, and Ioanna, are concerned I'm being taking advantage of by him. I don't know if I am, and I wouldn't like to disagree or agree with them because Lee has many feelings but I do acknowledge I have to safeguard myself and my home.
A geniuine friend wouldnt steal from you Johnny. Distance yourself from him til he can change back into the decent friend you deserve. You are a good friend back to Lee so it isn't unreasonable to expect the same respect back. Can you ask him to come back when he's willing you treat your friendship with respect? Or just distance yourself and keep in touch with decent friends.
Don't do anything you wouldn't want your best friend to put up with, ok?

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good morning, my lovely friends,

This morning I administered orally my anti-hyperglycaemic medication, anti-hypertensive medication, mood stabiliser, urine-stimulating medication, diuretic medication and ate 2 slices of toasted Kingsmill thick-sliced bread and took my blood sugar which was 5.1 mmol/L.

Have a lovely day, my friends.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good Afternoon, my good friends on Type 2 Life,

So far I've eaten for my breakfast, which was a bit of a weird breakfast, considering it's intended for a lunch or evening meal, a cod in parsley sauce, mashed potatoes and peas and carrots, then I took my morning medication, and had a morning of leisure, communicating with my elderly Dad on Facebook Messenger Video Call and reminiscing about things from our family which made me 15 minutes late for my Ear Irrigation appointment with the health centre nurse, but it's okay it was rescheduled from 10:30 ante meridian to 4:00 post meridian, today. I started talking to my elderly Dad at 10:00 ante meridian on Facebook Messenger Video Call. This afternoon at 2:00 post meridian I've got my Jehovah's Witness Auxiliary Pioneer coming around for my Bible Study. At about 12:00 post meridian I had a roast beef, roast potatoes, Yorkshire Pudding and peas and carrots and gravy ready meal. And all day I've had occasional mugs of coffee with coffee whitener and Sucralose granulated artificial sweetener and glasses of tap water. My blood glucose reading at 1:22 post meridian was 7.1 millimoles per litre.

Lots of love,

From,

@JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. x X x.

Reactions: debrasue

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good Evening, my friends, at 8:52 Post Meridian British Summer Time, today, Thursday 17th August 2017 Anno Domini,

I've just been reading about the low-carb diet on http://www.diabetes.co.uk and I realise that out of my next shopping trip with my Home Care worker, I've got to stick to the low-carb, high-fat diet. I keep saying this but it's of paramount importance to me, even if complying with it is difficult. Debra Sue, on this Forum Thread, advised me to try alternatives like Celeriac instead of potatoes, and Soya and Linseed bread (very low-carb), and nuts of different types. I do realise that I have to increase my exercise levels like walking, and swimming, and increasing my intake of vegetables whilst being wary of the fructose in fruit, to gain adequate control of my blood glucose. And avoiding Coffee Mate which contains glucose syrup and buy milk (for the high-fat side of the diet, full-cream milk would be essential) and Butter and Cheese. I really like Cheese on Toast so when I get my new cooker on Wednesday 23rd of this month, I intend to have some melted cheese on toasted soy and linseed bread. I must try to find out the supermarkets that stock celeriac, too, I think Debra Sue suggested celeriac chips and celeriac mash, as well as cauliflower rice as an alternative to starchy, high-carb-density basmati and long-grain rice. And also recommended to me was spoilt pasta, so I'm going to google that and find out the supermarkets in my area that stock it.

There;s always alternatives to high-density-carb food as advised to me by the awesome people on the diabetes forum, all it takes is a bit, or maybe, in-depth research and that's when Google and MSN would come in handy. I have to listen to this cool advice, it could eradicate all the spikes and weight increases and health complications that go hand in hand with the diabetic conditions. It may mean re-evaluating my shopping bill and doing more research but I'll keep you posted on what I learn as well as mentioning in my posts the kind of foods I'm eating, eliminating deep pan pizzas, conventional kinds of pasta and ordinary high-carb-density rice. Even cereals have to be eradicated because they raise blood glucose and ensure massive spikes in the glycemic index. I think maybe blueberries with Greek natural yoghurt is a very good breakfast, low-carb, high-fat and very good for my diabetic condition.

I still have some high in glucose and high in sodium, high-carb ready meals (Spaghetti Bolognese) in my freezer and also some starchy, high-carb types of pasta in my cupboard above the microwave oven in my kitchen. I think this low-carb, high-fat diet has to commence as soon as possible even if it means slumming it for a day or two until my next pay day or maybe only eating it in small quantities to avoid diabetic hypoglycemia. This low-carb, high-fat diet is a real life saver and makes for impeccable diabetes control. I have to exercise sound motivation in accordance with the way I was brought up.

I didn't eat much this anything, owing to having reduced appetite but not in a bad way, just preoccupied with the awesome Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts film on my Sky Plus Box called Notting Hill and munching on some sliced raw onions although I must confess it was a strong taste and I had to eat it slowly. I didn't enjoy it that much, though, if I'm honest. It nearly blew my head off! My favourite Disney Channel American red=head actress Bella Thorne has been to known to eat raw onions like they're apples, according to Youtube. How extraordinary!

Much love to you all, have a lovely relaxing evening, and be really complacent and happy with the fact that I'm going to amend a lot of these negative autism spectrum behaviours, with the help of yourselves and awesome friends like Lee and Ioanna, the care providers allocated to support me and my totally lovely elderly father.

From,

Johnny, with sincere, heart-felt love and appreciation. xXx.

D

debrasue

Good Evening, my friends, at 8:52 Post Meridian British Summer Time, today, Thursday 17th August 2017 Anno Domini,

I've just been reading about the low-carb diet on http://www.diabetes.co.uk and I realise that out of my next shopping trip with my Home Care worker, I've got to stick to the low-carb, high-fat diet. I keep saying this but it's of paramount importance to me, even if complying with it is difficult. Debra Sue, on this Forum Thread, advised me to try alternatives like Celeriac instead of potatoes, and Soya and Linseed bread (very low-carb), and nuts of different types. I do realise that I have to increase my exercise levels like walking, and swimming, and increasing my intake of vegetables whilst being wary of the fructose in fruit, to gain adequate control of my blood glucose. And avoiding Coffee Mate which contains glucose syrup and buy milk (for the high-fat side of the diet, full-cream milk would be essential) and Butter and Cheese. I really like Cheese on Toast so when I get my new cooker on Wednesday 23rd of this month, I intend to have some melted cheese on toasted soy and linseed bread. I must try to find out the supermarkets that stock celeriac, too, I think Debra Sue suggested celeriac chips and celeriac mash, as well as cauliflower rice as an alternative to starchy, high-carb-density basmati and long-grain rice. And also recommended to me was spoilt pasta, so I'm going to google that and find out the supermarkets in my area that stock it.

There;s always alternatives to high-density-carb food as advised to me by the awesome people on the diabetes forum, all it takes is a bit, or maybe, in-depth research and that's when Google and MSN would come in handy. I have to listen to this cool advice, it could eradicate all the spikes and weight increases and health complications that go hand in hand with the diabetic conditions. It may mean re-evaluating my shopping bill and doing more research but I'll keep you posted on what I learn as well as mentioning in my posts the kind of foods I'm eating, eliminating deep pan pizzas, conventional kinds of pasta and ordinary high-carb-density rice. Even cereals have to be eradicated because they raise blood glucose and ensure massive spikes in the glycemic index. I think maybe blueberries with Greek natural yoghurt is a very good breakfast, low-carb, high-fat and very good for my diabetic condition.

I still have some high in glucose and high in sodium, high-carb ready meals (Spaghetti Bolognese) in my freezer and also some starchy, high-carb types of pasta in my cupboard above the microwave oven in my kitchen. I think this low-carb, high-fat diet has to commence as soon as possible even if it means slumming it for a day or two until my next pay day or maybe only eating it in small quantities to avoid diabetic hypoglycemia. This low-carb, high-fat diet is a real life saver and makes for impeccable diabetes control. I have to exercise sound motivation in accordance with the way I was brought up.

I didn't eat much this anything, owing to having reduced appetite but not in a bad way, just preoccupied with the awesome Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts film on my Sky Plus Box called Notting Hill and munching on some sliced raw onions although I must confess it was a strong taste and I had to eat it slowly. I didn't enjoy it that much, though, if I'm honest. It nearly blew my head off! My favourite Disney Channel American red=head actress Bella Thorne has been to known to eat raw onions like they're apples, according to Youtube. How extraordinary!

Much love to you all, have a lovely relaxing evening, and be really complacent and happy with the fact that I'm going to amend a lot of these negative autism spectrum behaviours, with the help of yourselves and awesome friends like Lee and Ioanna, the care providers allocated to support me and my totally lovely elderly father.

From,

Johnny, with sincere, heart-felt love and appreciation. xXx.
Good for you, Johnny - I'm glad you're so motivated and determined!

D

debrasue

Just letting you all know that last night Ron suffered a heart attack, but he's fine now .

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app
Oh my goodness!!! I am so sorry to hear this, Tina - is he still in hospital? Poor Ron - please do send him my love and best wishes, and I hope he makes a speedy recovery. I'm sending a big hug to both of you, as I'm sure that must have been a terrible shock to you, too. xx
Hugging_heart.jpg

Reactions: tina_marie

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Best wishes for a swift recovery and hugs to you both. Xx

Reactions: tina_marie

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Morning everyone . We're OK , well I am Ron's being his usual stubborn self . What happened was . Thursday evening he got pains in his jaw arm and chest . He said it felt like the time I called paramedics and he went to A&E . This time he wouldn't go. So made him a bed up on recliner as he couldn't stand . Well needless to say none of us got any sleep. Following day I made him ring gp. Gp said from what Ron was describing he's had a heart attack and should go to hospital to get checked out and for them to check his medication as it may need changing . Well he still wouldn't go nor will he go this morning .

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Like your finding @tina_marie . GP nor ambulance crew can make you get blood test in @a&e.
Can you not assure Ron that's all you will be both doing? Blood test, ecg intermittently and doctor to advise.
Is he scared of being admitted?

Has Ron got a needle or hospital phobia?

What part of it all is putting him off being made healthier so he can enjoy his car and days out, with his lovely wife?

Poor Ron needs to be shown not as bad as he may fear hun. They cannot force him in hospital to do anything he doesn't want them to.
Blood test, ecg intermittently and docs advise. I promise. Most cardiologist won't do anything unplanned on a diabetic unless lifesaving. The prefer to know more first.

Tell him. I said.
Blood test, ecg intermittently and docs advise. Done. All finished for hospital visit.
They will make an appointment for later date angiogram, maybe.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Get well soon, @eldergarth, my good friend, and get plenty of rest. I've reserved a candle for your lovely kind self and @tina_marie ready for lighting when I say my prayers each evening at 10:00 Post Meridian British Summer Time. Much love to you both, abundant hugs and I'm thinking of you both and praying for you both, too.

Much love to you.

- @JohnnyBaker12021970 (a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus) xXx.